wifi - OBD data transmitter

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by campa cola, Jan 2, 2014.

1. campa cola

campa cola Funster

I am really interested in getting data from my car & van into the torque ODB android programme & hopefully some fault data on my disco's Fuel burning heater which has packed up!:Doh:

Any body using a wifi version of the OBD Data plugs ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-Wi...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2ec9a07715

I would prefer to get a reasonable quality one and prefer wifi as I want to use my phone and lappy , I have not researched but assumed there is windows versions of torque or similar. anybody using one ? :thumb:

TIA

2. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

i have one of these but its not wifi its bluetooth , it works as good as the blutooth one you should not have a problem

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

be aware, it will only give engine codes and realtime read-outs may be limited.
    transmission and chassis codes (ABS, traction control etc) cannot be read with this reader and it wont delete 'service engine' lights.

4. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Yes I realise its limited, but thanks for pointing that out :thumb: I am just dabbling with all the coding stuff at the moment, and As it happens there is a diagnostic tool for the Torque programme that diagnoses the D3's FBH on android :Smile:. I think the current best value device to do all that reset stuff on a D3 is a Faultmate. But I would also like something that covers my Peugeot Boxer codes as well, but havent got too far of looking at generic equipment. :RollEyes:

5. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

Bluetooth is a simpler system to set-up / use. If your laptop doesn't have Bluetooth a very cheap USB Bluetooth dongle will provide the facility. I have the Bluetooth version & it works extremely well. There's lots of software around if you search - the device is simply an interface so you have a choice of software.

6. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

i have the bluetooth version and can reset the fault codes and lights as well as read codes and realtime values of various sensors.