wifi - OBD data transmitter (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I am really interested in getting data from my car & van into the torque ODB android programme & hopefully some fault data on my disco's Fuel burning heater which has packed up!:Doh:

Any body using a wifi version of the OBD Data plugs ? Link Removed

I would prefer to get a reasonable quality one and prefer wifi as I want to use my phone and lappy , I have not researched but assumed there is windows versions of torque or similar. anybody using one ? :thumb:

TIA

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
be aware, it will only give engine codes and realtime read-outs may be limited.
transmission and chassis codes (ABS, traction control etc) cannot be read with this reader and it wont delete 'service engine' lights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Yes I realise its limited, but thanks for pointing that out :thumb: I am just dabbling with all the coding stuff at the moment, and As it happens there is a diagnostic tool for the Torque programme that diagnoses the D3's FBH on android :Smile:. I think the current best value device to do all that reset stuff on a D3 is a Faultmate. But I would also like something that covers my Peugeot Boxer codes as well, but havent got too far of looking at generic equipment. :RollEyes:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Bluetooth is a simpler system to set-up / use. If your laptop doesn't have Bluetooth a very cheap USB Bluetooth dongle will provide the facility. I have the Bluetooth version & it works extremely well. There's lots of software around if you search - the device is simply an interface so you have a choice of software.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i have the bluetooth version and can reset the fault codes and lights as well as read codes and realtime values of various sensors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back