wifi,mifi,Sfr dongle in France

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Heyupluv, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

This is just an update on the SFR dongle I purchased recently.....as I use my land line one at home normally .
    I had to wait till I was out and about in the M/home to activate the sim.
    SFR said it had 3 days unlimited at the start, then you would need to top up ...
    Well we have been using it for two & a half days...been great, first class, fast and up till now it has been unlimited...using on skype, I player, mail, and may other uses...

I have put the sim into my unlocked mifi:thumb::thumb: lovely:BigGrin:

Now the orange dongle we also have........ stipulated NO voice or internet phones, No skype, no this and no that...:Doh::Doh::Angry:

The orange monthly and now the dongle is the one we have always had:Doh:...We always had trouble getting a signal and getting on the internet...wasted more mb trying and getting nothing:cry:......I think we will be kicking the orange dongle into touch

The SFR Excellent:thumb::thumb:

Mel...on my SFR sim in my mifi:BigGrin:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

I use out and about ,my Vodafone 3g connection from a hotspot from my phone and it worked all over in France.
    It`s useless in the U/K , never get a signal unless i am in a town.
    Strange that France is a lot bigger and lots of spawling countryside i could get a signal anywhere.

3. Heyupluv

Hi Joner, can you be a little more precise....Do you mean EVERYWHERE or just certain places if and when you find a hotspot......at what cost...on your laptop, or are you tethered with your phone to your laptop.....or do you mean just your phone....WHAT, WHERE, WHEN , and at WHAT COST....Can I get one...meaning will they allow me a UK Vodafone 3g connection with me living in France and what is your monthly contract cost plus your out and about, or is it just for those living in the UK:Doh:

The wife has just been speaking to another motorhomer in France... they said you can also get wifi outside Flunch / Auchan supermarket:thumb:

4. joner8888

Wow! slow down-- have a little more of that french wine!
    Uk based smart phone with a wifi hotspot extention from the phone to run a laptop or any other device.
    On uk vodafone conection,used in France and pay £3 per day ,i could surf / call/ text as per u/k rates ,using my U/K based number.
    I found with that set up i could find a 3g and data signal everywhere i drove in France, countryside/towns all worked ok.
    Evrey campsite i park in the U/K there is never a data signal i can use.

5. Heyupluv

I joner ..I don't drink:Doh:...it was more info I wanted:Wink::Wink: if it would be cheaper for me to buy a UK set up.... if they we let me :Doh:..is that £3 per day unlimited....because in France is very expensive :Doh:

6. joner8888

• Like Like x 1