LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
civil war my arse and anyway if there is to be 1 i wont witness it i intend to be rat arsed most days helping the Spanish economy in the best way i know drinking it to recovery :ROFLMAO:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Just a photo of Munchie and Soggy sat in Spain. As you can see the weather is mediochre, the civil war is going on all around us and the €400 we spend every week here is as you say ruining the economy!!! :ROFLMAO:
Out of the photo of x3 which one is Munchie?

Curtisden

Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
Newbie but 25 Years towing.
Oh NO!!! Here we go again, lets knock Spain, Civil war now :Doh:

That does seem to me to be a rather uninformed view. A left wing view no doubt.
London now 50%+ foreign nationals. Its quite possible for this to start happening here. It is also true in Germany with the rise of the far right parties. But you do have to read more than the sun to understand the true picture.
Is it not the case that the same concerns are the reason Ukip and the BMP are on the rise in the UK.

:censored:2

Enoch was right and its about time he was remembered for saying it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That does seem to me to be a rather uninformed view. A left wing view no doubt.
London now 50%+ foreign nationals. Its quite possible for this to start happening here. It is also true in Germany with the rise of the far right parties. But you do have to read more than the sun to understand the true picture.
Is it not the case that the same concerns are the reason Ukip and the BMP are on the rise in the UK.

'Europe is already falling apart’
Antony Beevor, chronicler of European history, has chilling warnings about the current rise in militant nationalism.
Link Removed

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Ever the doom n gloom merchants bless em. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Really glad I am a glass half full type rather than live my life always seeing the black side. :thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I wonder........

Interesting that there is no official recognition of the atrocities that took place there ! Definitely a case where ones head should not be in the sand !
Victoria Hislop wrote an eye opening novel on the Spanish Civil War, worth a read !!!

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
The world is full of the things we do not like, the secret is to look for the things that give you joy.
I have said it before and I will say it again!!! We are living a life our parents could not have even aspired to so what the hell have we got to be miserable about????? ::bigsmile:

Curtisden

Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
Spanish problem

Really glad I am a glass half full type rather than live my life always seeing the black side. :thumb:

Why does my mind return the
"Peace in our time!"
Then The EU is the only way to a better UK?
Then the euro is best for Europe and the UK?
The open door immigration policy is good for Britain!
Now we have Scotland heading for the exit?

No my head is not in the sand and nor should yours.

Sitting on a beach with a semi befuddled brain may be some peoples vision of heaven but not mine.:beerchug:
Tin Hat On! :imoutahere::imoutahere:

Curtisden

Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
The world is full of the things we do not like, the secret is to look for the things that give you joy.
I have said it before and I will say it again!!! We are living a life our parents could not have even aspired to so what the hell have we got to be miserable about?????

Not if your a 21 year old looking for a job and a home to start a family.

I :Sad::Sad:am all right jack pull up the ladder.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Spain: Facts

25% unemployed
50% of under 24 .. unemployed

* sinking into deeper recession
* stringent public sector cuts and hiking taxes. .. still to come
* economists predict the Spanish economy will shrink 1.5% in 2013.. that is an optimistic figure

and no Ken, I am not a half empty glass person.. I see thinks as they are, denying that this is worrying is burying your head in the sand..

Spain is in crisis .. fertile ground for the right to flourish.. and it's not just Spain and Greece, Italy's not far behind .. the European Union is in dire straights.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Why does my mind return the
"Peace in our time!"
Then The EU is the only way to a better UK?
Then the euro is best for Europe and the UK?
The open door immigration policy is good for Britain!
Now we have Scotland heading for the exit?

No my head is not in the sand and nor should yours.

Sitting on a beach with a semi befuddled brain may be some peoples vision of heaven but not mine.:beerchug:
Tin Hat On! :imoutahere::imoutahere:

No befuddled brain here I am perfectly sober. Worked hard all my life and now reaping the benefit. My head is not in the sand and yes it is a troubled world but that is for the young to sort.
Look at what your parents had to put up with, life is much better for this generation be they like us or on benefits even they have fitted carpets, washing machines computers etc IT IS BETTER!!!! :Smile:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Two pictures for you

The first one is any Blooming December in Todmorden in the Pennines

The second one is late December in Zahora Spain

Now please tell me who needs their bumps feeling

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
civil war my arse and anyway if there is to be 1 i wont witness it i intend to be rat arsed most days helping the Spanish economy in the best way i know drinking it to recovery :ROFLMAO:
Funny you should say that:winky: I lived in Cyprus for a while, large ex-pat community. Few were alcoholics before they arrived but many drunk themselves to an early departure.
Long term stays in warmer climbs can do this without warning. Sounds like something to beware of staying in motorhomes as it does in apartments.:wine:

Last edited:

Curtisden

Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
No befuddled brain here I am perfectly sober. Worked hard all my life and now reaping the benefit. My head is not in the sand and yes it is a troubled world but that is for the young to sort.
Look at what your parents had to put up with, life is much better for this generation be they like us or on benefits even they have fitted carpets, washing machines computers etc IT IS BETTER!!!! :Smile:

It is a mighty shallow world you seem to live in if you judge your happiness in it by white goods and carpets!

Its our generation that has lived well beyond there means and are leaving your offspring to pick up the pieces.

Lock up the odd banker. Stop pensions of anyone who lives abroad. Refuse anyone healthcare that leaves the country of their birth to drink themselves to death elsewhere.
No not me but the new conditions that the Spanish ? Greek Gov. are thinking about imposing at the request of the Central bank to save money.
:whatthe:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Two pictures for you

The second one is late December in Zahora Spain

Now please tell me who needs their bumps feeling

Yes, but you're going to have a damned hard job making a snowman :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Although not in Espana at present, will definitely head that way after Christmas:Cool::clap:.
Like Ken I have worked all my life and am not ashamed to enjoy life to the full now::bigsmile:.
I have never agreed with the formation of the EU :Angry: and if it fails miserably :helptitanic::helptitanic: I will still do my utmost to enjoy the rest of my life, after all they tell us we are only here once.
It will not help the situation at all by me being miserable so :Cool::Cool::wine::wine::beer::beer::drink::drink::party2::party2:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
It is a mighty shallow world you seem to live in if you judge your happiness in it by white goods and carpets!

Its our generation that has lived well beyond there means and are leaving your offspring to pick up the pieces.

Lock up the odd banker. Stop pensions of anyone who lives abroad. Refuse anyone healthcare that leaves the country of their birth to drink themselves to death elsewhere.
No not me but the new conditions that the Spanish ? Greek Gov. are thinking about imposing at the request of the Central bank to save money.

Not even worthy of an answer!!! :Angry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't think it's the case that our generation has lived well beyond its means. It's simply that the blip following the world wars meant that "the working man" (for want of a better expression) had the opportunity (as has happened before in history) to charge more for his labours. So, our generation lived within the means available to it.

The problem is that politicians (all parties) have ignored the fact of the blip coming to an end and have not had the courage to plan for that fact.

Our children and grandchildren may not, in many ways, have it as easy but in many others (advances in medicine for instance) will have it much easier than our parents. Indeed, if they grasp the nettle and live within their means they will still have the opportunity to have it as easy as us in terms of life satisfaction.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995

Its so good to know that the younger generation had nothing to do with the crisis, it was all down to us old folk:RollEyes:

Curtisden

Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
Spain Problems

Two pictures for you

The second one is late December in Zahora Spain""

Why on earth would you want to spend the winter on what is little more that a travellers site?
Of course it is just that. A up market gipsies site in the sun.
No travel south for the winter I do, but fill your brain with culture and enjoy other history and expand you horizons. The worlds your whatever and there is far more to life than Spain and cheap booze.
:hardhat:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough

Oi I have paid MY MONEY into the government pension pot for 50 odd years and believe me it is my money and would have been worth far more in a private scheme than paying in to a government of any colour that has wasted it on useless causes

What is all this about booze? I have been teetotal almost all of my life and just for the record I have never ever borrowed beyond my means, payed well over my share though.

Think deeper before posting PLEASE

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Why on earth would you want to spend the winter on what is little more that a travellers site?
No travel south for the winter I do, but fill your brain with culture and enjoy other history and expand you horizons. The worlds your whatever and there is far more to life than Spain and cheap booze.

So! You've been to Zahora then? Do you know where it is?
I think people here would disagree with your generalisations about us so called Gipsies in Spain! :RollEyes:

We are in a very Spanish rural area - plenty of history and culture here - just ask Nelson and Drake :winky: No high rise apartments and hotels - no British cafes or bars - very un-touristy here.
This was the frontier between the Christians and the Moors - plenty of history here from the Romans onwards.

Maybe you should try it!

Who says we don't travel? Many of us stay here for the winter but tour for the remainder of the year.

Last edited:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Not Alans quote Marie he he ::bigsmile: Or have I missed one?

Last edited:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Its so good to know that the younger generation had nothing to do with the crisis, it was all down to us old folk:RollEyes:

Who still have to bale out our own kids out of the Mess We Created

:swear::reel::reel::reel::swear:
if they worked harder or saved, we might not have so much bailing out to do

Curtisden

Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
Oi I have paid MY MONEY into the government pension pot for 50 odd years and believe me it is my money and would have been worth far more in a private scheme than paying in to a government of any colour that has wasted it on useless causes

What is all this about booze? I have been teetotal almost all of my life and just for the record I have never ever borrowed beyond my means, payed well over my share though.

I am simply replying to the various post re sun and drink. There are a few.
But you seem to believe that your pension is safe with any government? Well it may be or then again not be so.
The amount the government of the UK borrowed to fund the last 13 years is so huge that it will take close to 15 year of growth of 4 times the current level to even get back to 1998.
In spain the unemployment benefit last for 2 years then you are on your own. This is the Tiger of the southern Europe. That is why the UK system is in free fall re cost and needs cutting back quickly.
In Greece the average government salary is down between 20 and 40% on 2010.
It could happen elsewhere so draw you pension but don't expect that your conditions of service stand for anything if the bank is bust.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Two pictures for you

The second one is late December in Zahora Spain""

Jim will ban me if I reply to this post

Curtisden

Free Member
Jul 1, 2011
Near Goudhurst Kent
Funster No
MH
High top 6m Panel Camper
Exp
Spain Problems

I am simply replying to the various post re sun and drink. There are a few.
But you seem to believe that your pension is safe with any government? Well it may be or then again not be so.
The amount the government of the UK borrowed to fund the last 13 years is so huge that it will take close to 15 year of growth of 4 times the current level to even get back to 1998.
In spain the unemployment benefit last for 2 years then you are on your own. This is the Tiger of the southern Europe. That is why the UK system is in free fall re cost and needs cutting back quickly.
In Greece the average government salary is down between 20 and 40% on 2010.
It could happen elsewhere so draw you pension but don't expect that your conditions of service stand for anything if the bank is bust.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I can't believe that a light hearted OP has descended into this bun fight..

Those of you lucky enough to be retired and able to spend your Winters in sunnier climes, - go ahead and enjoy it and ignore the negative comments.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back