Width may not be an issue anymore (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
See here:- Link Removed

BTW:- Paul (UKRV) congratulates the RVDA:thumb:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Yes congratulations to the RVDA on this change in legistration, however I suspect that some will try to exceed even these dimensions as they have done so in the past!

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hope this turns out to be correct
I'd love to bring my National home from the states when we finish touring.
The only problem is it's petrol.
But I suppose the saving in what I paid would more than pay for an LPG conversion.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Take it back Rory and re negotiate for gas conversion,
you know thats not beyond you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I would Geo but as far as I know there is'nt anyone in the states doing LPG conversions. When I tell them we do it in the UK their amazed, but they've been used to cheap fuel, might change now.
Come to think of it might be a nice little business opportunity there fancy, doing some conversion work in Florida Geo.
This time next year we could be Millionaires :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Rory,

I believe that they do conversions in Canada I remember someone telling me that years ago when I wanted to import from USA, He actually said that the Canadian conversions were far superior to the ones over here!

Here's one! Link Removed

Don't shoot me as I'm only the messenger:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mind you things may have changed in the meantime!

Regards Pat

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
Date?

Link RemovedLink Removed

Does anybody have any idea when these "rules" will be updated? Does anyone know how Jannie convinced the DVLA that her RV was not over the legal UK width.:cry:

Darren (motorhome medics) had a phone call on Tuesday from the DVLA saying they want to measure our RV and the next available time in next wednesday!!!
Link Removed

We have just imported the exact same model as Jannie ( a gulfstream sunvoyager se 8292) and I am dreading that we will have the same problems that she didLink Removed

Anyhow theres nothing I can do about it except wait and keep my fingers crossedLink Removed

BUT if anyone has any tips or helpful suggestions I could pass on to Darren I would be most gratefull (I have full confidence in him, but can't stand waiting around doing nothing)
Thanks,
Andy

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I would Geo but as far as I know there is'nt anyone in the states doing LPG conversions. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:Cool: Yes they do. But very difficult to find in a decent location. Most fit the Kits themselves. We actually met some (looked like rednecks) guys who were filling up tanks in the back of their pick-up. Asked him where they had the conversion fitted? They said they had made their own. :Eeek:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
RV Width Issues

Hi Andy

On the RV Fulltimers website recently a chap called Paul Chatwin (UKRV) published a draft document which he had obtained from the Dept for Transport.

Among other items of interest - it stated (IN DRAFT FORM) that motorhome width limits were to be raised from 2.55m(100½ inches) to 2.6m (102 inches).

Apparently this draft document is to go forward for approval in April next year - BUT I hasten to add that it is still in draft form.

Have I got it through to everybody that this is NOT yet accepted in law - as far as I understand - it is still under discussion and a final decision has yet to be made.

You will probably have to take the following link to pieces in order to get to the document - I had to - but I did eventually end up with the information that I wanted to see.

<Link Removed>

I'm sorry if the link doesn't work as it stands but I'm sure that some computer buff on here will be able to correct it.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back