Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
using tomtom 700 having a bad week getting fed too narrow gaps and too low bridges for my hitop in the weybridge brooklands area. local council put the signs up by the restriction giving no notice making it had to turn round at the last minute.

any one got those sat navs where you enter you van width and height so you are routed round these places. Can you give some feed back are they as good as the tomtom for planning routes and can camera poi's go on them.Most important do they avoid the narrow gaps for your van.

also free camera poi cd with this atlas
Link Removed

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have one, Snooper Truckmate, which I use as an advisory committee in conjunction with my TomTom. Usefulness has been variable, quite good in UK but pretty near useless in France. :Sad: I have just had an update so time will tell whether its an improvement. Surprisingly it is brilliant on (UK) speed cameras, daily updates free, and even gets all the temporary ones through roadworks right.:RollEyes:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I have one of them - a snooper s7000 which I have had since July. So far very impressed with it - you enter width height length and also if a trailer - you have the opportunity to put a solo option and you have have multiple unit options - has a database of camp sites and other POI like supermarkets etc. When towing/motorhome mode it gives you warnings of sharp bends - steep hills - cross winds etc. If you go off course for any reasion and a low bridge width restriction occurs you are immediately warned and routed around it - tried to fool it but it wins every time.:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back