wi fi and sim cards here and abroad

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Welsh girl, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Seeing that loads of camp sites give you free wi fi abroad, and many of our campsites are so expensive both in price and the price of wi fi.
    I am constantly amazed that you can get free wi fi there but you have to pay so much to get Internet if you get a sim card either here, there or even a international sim card.
    I know three is leading the way but still can only get it for 2 months of the year.

2. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Hi Trish and Terry,
    Don't get me going on this and a number of other matters in a similar vein.
    It seems to me that in the UK, if it perceived that there is any kind of market in a product or service, then we (the UK public) will have to pay for it.
    Everything from parking to seats on aircraft. Sim cards and internet access to campsites. There is a market to skim money from us and those that can, do.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hymie

Hymie Funster

I have a galaxy mega phone on 3 all you can eat data plan and as of 1st july you can use your phone in France on the same plan as in the UK with no roaming fees.

4. chaser

chaser Funster

As I posted before 3 can't be beat in France but beware of going over the border with roaming on or they will take a fiver out of your money immediately