Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
not really

so I have also asked for an explanation

They have confirmed there is no price difference from caravan to motorhome, why have you asked them again, particularly as you almost certainly are not planning to stay there?

All the prices said 'from' that is not uncommon and virtually all sites charge more for more people

We seem to be giving the site more grief than they deserve IMO :unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
They have confirmed there is no price difference from caravan to motorhome, why have you asked them again, particularly as you almost certainly are not planning to stay there?

All the prices said 'from' that is not uncommon and virtually all sites charge more for more people

We seem to be giving the site more grief than they deserve IMO :unsure:

because their web page doesn't say that..

yes it's 'from'.. but why the difference between units ?

The reply doesn't explain that ..

and whether I intend to stay there is quite academic.. (didn't know that was a criteria to post on this thread.. or indeed ask them the question :rolleyes:)

The more people that ask (any site) and or complain about unfair pricing the better chance we have of having it sorted..

Site Fees

Caravan Size Nightly Price
2014 start from caravans £12.50

motor homes from £14.00

R.vs from . £15.00

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
I haven't got a 'cob on', but I would avoid a site where I felt I was being charged extra when I felt it was unjust, whether that was 50p or £50. For example I try to avoid sites charging extra for dogs. If 2 sites were going to cost us exactly the same, one including extra charge for dogs within that price I would, on principle, choose to stay at the site which didn't include an extra charge. It's the principle rather than the cost.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Sorry guys but life's just way to short to be worrying about a couple of quid.
We pay vast amounts of money for our motor homes and indeed it's a privilege to be able to afford one.
I just don't get moaning and bringing into disrepute the name of a company over such a small amount..

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
it's not just a couple of quid Charlie and no one is worried about it.. it's a straight question asked by the OP ..

They charge more for a motorhome than a caravan?

any ideas why?

if you and your mate with a caravan stayed for two weeks you wouldn't question why his total was £175 and yours was £196 ?

or if you had an Rv your bill would be £210

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I would walk on principal why should I pay more than a caravan I have 4 solar panels on the roof don't use much electric .

Went to a CL just outside Cirencester once the owner said we would have to pay £2 extra as we are a big motorhome I explained about solar etc to him and he backed down.We still left on principal

Paul

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
There's nothing to "sort"

They are a private business and have every right to charge whatever they like for their service or product. Anyone who doesn't like their prices has every right not use their service.

It's none of anyone else's business if they choose to charge more for some people than others. Either pay it or stay somewhere else.

We used to quote higher prices all the time to customers we didn't want to work for to try and make them go elsewhere.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Jees.. never seen so many people getting in a twist of rights and wrongs. .what's this site come to?
@ScotJimland is correct is not a matter of anything other than principle. I don't want to stay there but wanted to get funsters views on why they charge etc. .

In years gone by i would of got proper answers like they offered motorhomes free ice cream or looked after your van like a scouser in a car park or even offered sexual favours for the additional cost.

The fact is the site charges more for MHs than caravans and it ain't for me...

If you want to go and stay there do so.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Jim I do understand.. Honest I do..... But mate life's too short . I'm a much principled man but I just cant see the point in letting what is after all just a few quid spoil the experience. We invest a lot of our time effort and money into having a good time and that's my point . Just forget it and get on with the next planning for the next holiday.

Without reading the whole thread again I seem to remember a well qualified polite reply from the company in question. The reply seemed fair to me but it genuinely seems some wont accept it.

The company in question I feel does not deserve to be slated or bought into disrepute over something as simple as this. That company may be good or bad but negative publicity like this brings no benifit to anyone.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Good morning! Many thanks for your enquiry. We do not charge extra for motor homes - just the RV and for units with extra people In it. £ 13.00 a night with ehu and £15.00 a night when its extra people .
Hope this clears the matter up
!

Well, irrespective of their 2014 prices on the website, I read that as motorhomes and caravans are the same price, but they do charge extra for RV's. Why is not explained but I assume it's based on length and size of pitch required.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Good morning! Many thanks for your enquiry. We do not charge extra for motor homes - just the RV and for units with extra people In it. £ 13.00 a night with ehu and £15.00 a night when its extra people .
Hope this clears the matter up
!

Well, irrespective of their 2014 prices on the website, I read that as motorhomes and caravans are the same price, but they do charge extra for RV's. Why is not explained but I assume it's based on length and size of pitch required.
Furymuff , that's that sorted. Or is it ....... :whistle: :LOL:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

They are a private business and have every right to charge whatever they like for their service or product. Anyone who doesn't like their prices has every right not use their service.

We used to quote higher prices all the time to customers we didn't want to work for to try and make them go elsewhere.

& if you look at all the photo's there isn't a motor home to be seen.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No point in posting ion fartface as they edit all the posts before allowing the public to see them

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Why should I be charged more in my RV. It's shorter than most every tag axle European motorhome. A stupid policy, that's impossible to justify, but it's got him some publicity ;)

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
The company in question I feel does not deserve to be slated or bought into disrepute over something as simple as this. That company may be good or bad but negative publicity like this brings no benifit to anyone.

On the contrary.
No one is or has slated the company. They have done nothing more than express an opinion and that is one of principle. I'm sure that's still allowed.
As for publicity? They probably have not had so much in such a short period of time and who knows many might turn up for the ice cream.
Result might even be that they look at there pricing structure.
For one that's banging the life's to short drum you seen to have quite ab interest in your extra £1...
Next week I simply won't be staying there when I go and run the Pattingham bells 7 mile xc race. I've found a nice little cl at a fraction of the cost. You on the other hand now know of a wonderful site in Stafford that sells great ice cream but charges some of us more for the privilege of owning a larger mh..
Hence the publicity has been positive. .
Cheers

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thank goodness we live in a country with free choice

We can chose to be principled if we want to be and not use this site, as this site owner is allowed to set his own policies and pricing, for whatever reason he choses, as some of us can accept what we see and just use or not

We don't all have to agree with each other, he is not wrong or stupid, he has made a decision for reasons we neither know nor understand

IMO of course :)(y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

It's none of anyone else's business if they choose to charge more for some people than others. Either pay it or stay somewhere else.

Absolutely correct.. And people have the same right to bemoan something if they see fit.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Before we shipped our motor home to the UK I expected that some sites on seeing an American RV pull on would think
greedy.gif
images

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What I said in the sentence after the one you highlighted (y)
I have read your posts through a few times and still cannot see where you said anything other than 'if you do not like it, go elsewhere' ( to paraphrase )
That is no where near my sentiments..
They ( as in ANY site ) does have an absolute right to charge whatever they like.. and in exactly the same way I ( and others ) have the right to highlight something and state an opinion of the practice ..
My post on Farcebook was deleted by the company and I had a message saying ( as mentioned ) they charge the same for snails and vans..
That is NOT what is says on their web site
As an aside, £13.00 per night seems to me to be very acceptable, so they are in fact shooting themselves in their foot by alienating people with wrong info on their web site..
Of course, there is the other side of it.. Look at how much free advertising they have had !

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
They ( as in ANY site ) does have an absolute right to charge whatever they like.. and in exactly the same way I ( and others ) have the right to highlight something and state an opinion of the practice ..

I agree as long as that's as far as it goes. What I don't agree with is the idea expressed by others (not yourself) on this thread that if enough people try and bully them "we can get it sorted" That is completely out of order.

I've had the same thing attempted on me a few times in various businesses and my response has never been as polite as theirs was.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
reply received as follows:-
Red Lion Farm <info@redlionfarm.co.uk>
17:32 (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Many thanks for bringing this to our attention, the price structure is dated 2014 but not by ourselves. It appears to have been hacked in some way as our ice cream order system has been hacked as well and unfortunately you are not aware of this until its too late!! We have never charged a different price for motorhomes and although every campsite owner has every right to charge what they like I agree it should be fair across. We charge £13.00 per unit standard - 2Adults 2Children, awning, we don’t charge for extra vehicles, visitors or dogs etc. our licence does not allow us to take tents and we charge extra for the very very large RV motorhomes as they take up more than one pitch. We like to keep it simple!! Thankfully it does not appear to have affected us at all as we seem to get more motorhomes than ever!! I have contacted the company who does our website so this should be amended shortly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back