Why use one parking space when you can take 3...or 4 (1 Viewer)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
There are long motorhome parking spaces on the next promenade along. A drive of about half a mile and that's allowing for the one way system.
Yet while about 60 cars and vans managed to park courteously this motorhome took up 3 or 4 spaces. Probably the most selfish parking I've ever seen and has a knock on effect, opinion-wise, on other motorhomers.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
View attachment 150088 View attachment 150089 There are long motorhome parking spaces on the next promenade along. A drive of about half a mile and that's allowing for the one way system.
Yet while about 60 cars and vans managed to park courteously this motorhome took up 3 or 4 spaces. Probably the most selfish parking I've ever seen and has a knock on effect, opinion-wise, on other motorhomers.
And then we wonder why Mohos get a bad name.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
You are so correct. It only takes the selfish attitude of one to screw it for the rest of us. Quite possibly his/her first and last season but the damage will linger on. He/she will be the first to complain if topped and tailed by others.

Sadly, this is just one of many instances of a lack of consideration or understanding prevalent these days. No manners, no discipline.

Still I take comfort in the knowledge that I start each day expecting the worst and am seldom disappointed so my glass is alway half full and sometimes I am astonished in the nicest possible way. The good folks out there way outnumber the bad but nobody remembers the good folks only the bad ones. The British have a tendency to embroider things when they report them with each repeat, a bit like the old "send three and four pence we are going to a dance."

This preseco is nice :wine:are there any flutes Jim? :france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Betya he's a lycra lout too eh? EH?:cycle:

OWN THE ROAD??? EH??

or in this case "Own the Car spaces!"

Don't cha just love these people? :hugs:

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Even so, not advisable, I did try this at a local supermarket, took up just two places mind you (as always, no places for larger vehicles). When I came back, there were cars parked across front and back, so I couldn't easily get out. Serves me right, I suppose). Take care if you do that.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Light weights we take about 7 spaces :rofl:

009.JPG

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I'll put my tin hat on ..

He pays his road tax like everyone else and it's evident that he cannot park the same way as the cars. If it was mine I would be a bit p***ed off finding it displayed on a public forum with comments .. How would you feel if next time you parked somewhere that someone did not agree with you found pictures of your MH on the internet. By all means put your own on but not other peoples just because you don't like the way they park. Perhaps you should take your camera out more often and take some pictures of cars parked on pavements and other inconsiderate places. You will also notice I am sure that the ground is not marked. Perhaps the other cars should follow his lead and park the correct way rather than reversing out onto a road.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
He could have parked it up at 3 o'clock in the morning when no-one else was around and he's a late sleeper and he'll be mortified when he gets up and sees how bad the situation looks.

On the other hand - he could just be a prat ......

:france: :france: :france: :france: :france:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
View attachment 150088 View attachment 150089 There are long motorhome parking spaces on the next promenade along. A drive of about half a mile and that's allowing for the one way system.
My 1st thought was to wonder if the motorhome parking is signposted?

D

DL42846

Deleted User

Very French, happens here all the time.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I am very lucky, indeed privileged to live where I do. It is a very beautiful part of the country with multiple places to park and enjoy a sea view. unfortunately this means that it attracts a lot of freecampers (there only for a night) and freeloaders (that park up en masse for months). this has lead to more and more clifftop carparks being blocked to anything bigger than a car due to height barriers.

one area I can think of instantly was so abused by people parking like this and also bumper to bumper along the road, from spring through to autumn that the local council banned motorhome parking even in the daytime. There was the usual uproar of complaints from anglers, surfers, kite surfers and others, but this was drowned out by the support of the locals sick to the back teeth of being denied a local amenity. overnight the litter problem and the sewage contamination stopped, so the ban was made permanent. so the selfish few have ruined the prospect of a day visit from every other considerate motorhome owner

Supporting the case that this is acceptable behaviour does nobody a favour in the long run. Selfish people like this couldnt give a toss what others think though and are happy to do this again anywhere he wants to

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
A mate of mine came home and found a car parked across his driveway.He parked his van right up to it and got his wife to park their car other end.About 3 hrs later (6"0 pm) a knock at the door.Can you move to let me out please---answer was come back at 8 am in morning -and he made them !

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I'll put my tin hat on ..

He pays his road tax like everyone else and it's evident that he cannot park the same way as the cars. If it was mine I would be a bit p***ed off finding it displayed on a public forum with comments .. How would you feel if next time you parked somewhere that someone did not agree with you found pictures of your MH on the internet. By all means put your own on but not other peoples just because you don't like the way they park. Perhaps you should take your camera out more often and take some pictures of cars parked on pavements and other inconsiderate places. You will also notice I am sure that the ground is not marked. Perhaps the other cars should follow his lead and park the correct way rather than reversing out onto a road.

He could have parked it up at 3 o'clock in the morning when no-one else was around and he's a late sleeper and he'll be mortified when he gets up and sees how bad the situation looks.

On the other hand - he could just be a prat ......

:france: :france: :france: :france: :france:

Looks like a long motorhome parking place to me, parallel to the kerb, not sticking out, and presumably nothing to prevent it. Couldn't park the same as the cars now could he!
Sorry but don't see the problem ( unless he's there for weeks !)
Absolutely agree, just because it looks bad in the photo, there's nothing to back it up , maybe there was no other cars there when it was parked and if there is no signs showing how or where to park he was perhaps compleatly in his rights to be parked like that.

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Most of these posts remind me of Kenny Everet's Mr Angry from Tunbridge Wells.

Motorhome Fun, always has lots of stuff to make you smile.

Spud

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
We always used to stop & get supplies at Exeter Tesco for race week, we would park in the overflow car park I would reverse Van & trailer nearly into the corner to give me a chance to get out if it got full, (there must be parking for 100 cars ) on one occasion there was only one other vehicle parked, a coach so parked up quick shop & out, when we got to the park there were now three vehicle's there a car which had parked right in front of me, I assume the pencil dick was protesting that I had parked there.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Maybe the photo dose not do it justice a photo of the hole car park might show a empty car park with load of spaces.
I always try to park that way when ever I can :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
let us see the other side of the coin or the full picture
bill

OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I did take photos to show the long view, showing the number of cars parked, but they didplayed the motorhome's number plate, so deleted them from phone. Might be a weekday in February but the prom parking was full. 2 other Motorhomes were in the long spaces on the town prom, near the pier.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We stop where we see a space not after driving everywhere looking for long spaces. Ok if you know about them ..

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
I always think it odd how people endeavour to park their cars facing the sea get out go shopping or go for a walk, return and drive off ! Oh well at least the car had a nice view whilst they were away!

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I stand corrected.

Having enlarged the photos I see that the bays or spaces are not individually marked and he/she could have arrived early. The non parallel parking may be a local convention.

Clive

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
No marked spaces and apparently no restrictions, no one inconvenienced, totally legal and acceptable parking, if there are spaces you park in them , if there are none you drive off to find another. What it if had been white van man or similar size vehicle stopping for his sandwich would that have been wrong. Had there been marked spaces or signs prohibiting motorhomes that would be different but this driver appears not to be in the wrong at all. Castigation not called for in my view.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Yes. My first thought too. If he isn't used to the area he wouldn't know about parking for long vehicles further down unless there is a signpost advising of it. I would rather he parked as he did than stick out onto the busy road, methinks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back