Why is it so difficult or is it me CC&C booking system

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Serendipitous, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Serendipitous

Serendipitous Funster

Is it me(n)

The CC&C pitch booking system drives me to distraction. As a member you still have to put in your rig details each time. You put in the dates you want and get a message back no availability. So you play about with the dates until you find out at no time your thinking of is there a free pitch. You can't look at the pitch booking and decide to spend a day or two here or there or mix and match between sites depending on availability.

Oh and having raised the BP to record levels trying to find a date you realise there is a size restriction so it always says "no availability":mad:

• Like Like x 3
  2. GAVLAD

GAVLAD Funster

It's crap
    I've complained several times and sent through real time examples to back up my complaints.
    They're not bothered.
    Write up descriptions are also inaccurate because some sites state they can't accommodate motorhomes over a certain length but if you phone direct, they have pitches and can accommodate.
    What's the point of having an online web booking system if the operator tells you to phone the site directly when you ring them to advise them?

3. Oriel

Oriel

I always call the site direct

• Like Like x 3
  4. WinnieBago

WinnieBago Funster

I thought it was just me as well!

It is the most pointless, badly designed search engine I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. It shouldn't be difficult for them to filter available sites based on rig size and dates but obviously it is. Think I'll have to go back to using that quaint 20th century invention called "telephone"!

• Like Like x 1
  5. campa cola

campa cola Funster

I just use it to find a site and a phone number, anything else is just not worth the effort and yes it often does not work properly.

6. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I too have complained, I get "Your message has been passed to......".
    Who presumably deletes it.

If it were a normal sales outfit they would be bankrupt.

And thank you. Good to have a moan about them in public.

• Like Like x 2
  7. rickwiggans

rickwiggans Funster

There was something I wanted to do on their site a while ago (I forget what exactly). I called by their stand at one of the shows and asked them to show me. Their "expert" couldn't do it either! Yep, it's rubbish.

8. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Call the site directly.
    It's a lot more fun :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Landyguy

Landyguy Funster Life Member

It is "not fit for purpose" and whoever built it or thinks it is OK at the C&CC should be sacked as it us members who are paying for this.
    It is completely useless in this day and age - maybe years ago it was the latest thing but now it is so outdated.
    Glad it is not just me.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Doctor Dave

Doctor Dave Funster

I have never had a problem with booking CC&C sites on line - so what problems have folks had?

Dave

• Like Like x 1
  11. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Searching for a suitable site. It may display a load on the map but much later you find they are full, or closed or you must book 2 weeks. Always the rejection is at the end of the process rather than when decent software should detect failure. All too often we have to keep entering the same data over and over again.

Surely it's not too much to ask "find me a site in Cumbria from 1/1/2016 for 3 nights" and get a list. NO.

Their region idea is poor, just what is "north Midlands" ? Many sites, I'm thinking of Autotrader right now, you can enter a town and a radius, that works a treat.

12. Serendipitous

Serendipitous Funster

Thank you, having complained a couple of times was beginning to think I'd missed something.

Anyone going to the AGM who could raise the issue?

13. GAVLAD

GAVLAD Funster

I will write to Robert Longden MBE - Director General of the C&CC and will include your comments from here.
    After all, it's a membership club and he's obviously unaware of lost business, otherwise he'd have sorted by now.
    I shall keep you posted of any response.

Should there be any further constructive comments you wish to be added, please post on this thread before Monday 23.Nov. As letter will go thereafter.

• Like Like x 2
  14. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

It's rubbish ... but because our daughter is disabled and has special membership we have to call.. thankfully

15. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

I must be doing something wrong as I have never had any problems booking a,site with CC&C ...

16. Serendipitous

Serendipitous Funster

Had a reply to my feedback on the CC&C booking site and been advised they have a new feature.

Below hopefully is the detail as advised. HOWEVER they simple forgotten detail is you can't check the availability at a particular site until you have found at least 1 day with an available pitch. So still remains useless.

Sorry just checked and the calandar images don't copy over, but I guess you get the idea if you give it a try

QUOTE.......
    With the launch of the new on-line booking website, we have created an availability calendar to provide a view of pitch availability that is also fully interactive to allow searching and booking by pitch type and month, with visible prices of that pitch on that day, while at the same time keeping it easy to use.

Using the availability calendar

We have taken careful consideration to how you will use the calendar functions offered and have made the interaction easy and intuitive.

From the homepage, enter all the relevant information in the search facility. Please choose a region from the drop down menu do not select “Member Quick Book”. Once you have entered all the information click search. Click on the “+ “symbol to expand the site view next to the site you are interested in.

The campsite page will expand and the calendar will be shown

[​IMG]

The calendar allows you to change pitch types by selecting the type from the list on the left hand side. You can also change the month by using the forward and back arrows on the ‘month’ bar at the top of calendar view.

In the above example the 18th 19th and 20th are unavailable.

When you have found availability, click or tap the day on the calendar grid selects an arrival date

In the above example the campsite has a minimum stay rule in place (min stay) of two nights and you can only select the 16th or 17th as a departure date.

[​IMG]

In the above example the 17th has been chosen as the departure date, making the booking a three night stay.

Now the arrival and departure dates have been selected, the ‘Continue with booking’ button is shown. Selecting this will take you to the next stage of the booking process.

• Like Like x 1
  17. f6c

f6c Funster

The Site is CRAP:(

18. andrewjw

andrewjw Funster

The site is not so great for booking ferries etc online directly....I agree.

BUT the lovely ladies who pick up the phone when you ring the numbers easily found on their website are knowledgable , friendly , British:eek: and get whatever you have rung about sorted out PDQ.

It doesn't cost anymore...if anything the LL [lovelyladies] will point you in the direction of any discounts going.

I know...

I've booked crossings to France for 2016 [ er and back ] today and saved at least 30% on the online price quoted directly by the ferry company.

19. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Must admit we gave up our membership of the C&CC because of the website . It was a nightmare, you only found out the cost /availability right at the end. AND THE 3 nights minimum on some sites too. We gave them the flick couple of years ago now, when the new booking system started

20. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

I've never had a problem booking the C&CC via the website (famous last words) but don't get me started on CC !!!

• Like Like x 1