Why I love Saga insurance....

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Janine, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

To get the price down when I renewed the insurance on Shirley, I limited the mileage to 2000 and paid £101 fully comp with PCB.

Now we are doing a bit more travelling, I didn't want to risk going over that figure so I gave Saga a call expecting to pay £40ish more plus an admin charge.

Nope - £4.16 extra to take it up to 5000 mile limit....but it gets better...no charge at all because it is less than £5.

How good is that?

• Like Like x 13
  2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Very good, especially compared to the giant leap in premium which persuaded us to move from Saga several years ago :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

So I guess you ain't been SPAMMED to death by them Janine..or did you just give in?:D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

No email spam at all. Get the occasional letter which the dog takes great delight in tearing to shreds :)

5. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

don't get me wrong..they leave you alone (relatively) when they get you signed up...

• Like Like x 1
  6. micky drip

micky drip

Just had renewal letter from Saga £108.98 for Motorhome, fully comp(£250 excess) no limit to European travel.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MichelleRyall

MichelleRyall Funster

All good here too, quoted £319 by current insurer. £219, comprehensive with one windscreeen claim and a pending bump by myself. Not bad I reckon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trikeman

Trikeman Read Only Funster

My life was wonderful, not a care in the world until one day,,,,,,,,,, I received a letter from SAGA. I suddenly realised I was well and truly considered old.:(

Jeeze, I get holidays, insurance, 'what will you do when the money runs out' letters off them at a fair rate of knots - only once did I enquire about MoHo insurance - suddenly I am their favourite mail address.

Oh' to be getting old - SAGA, that what my Grandfather used to have.

Trikeman. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

True, have both car ad house ins with them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rosalan

rosalan Funster

Saga were not cheap at over £500 and I live in a quiet, low insurance zone. I must admit that when I had a major claim they paid up in full after 4 weeks and did not increase their charges. At least not until I had a tracker fitted and they put them UP! because I had modified the van, Within the day we moved to 'Shield' with the same cover for half the price and although there was 6 months cover left, for which they imposed another charge for leaving them, we were still better off.

11. eroom

eroom Funster

Can anyone recommend any company that takes on an 88year old for insurance. Please don't say Adrian Flux. They wanted over£800. I am with Saga, and it looks like I may have to stay with them although their quote is abou£690. And that's with no previous claims or offences. Is this because I am replacing my vehicle do you think?

Billy & Gwen

12. kcy

kcy Funster

Insure everything insurable with saga, I keep trying to get rid of them but every time I phone to renew(or not) they undercut any other bids I've had.
    I also have a credit card with them because they don't charge for use abroad. I pay it off each month by direct debit so it doesn't matter if we're away at bill time