LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Whilst looking through some old photos for the wild camping thread I got to thinking why I love motorhoming. I came to the conclusion that its not just one thing but many. I consider myself lucky to have motorhomed through the golden years and have been able to travel, and both wild camp and also spend several months on winter halt campsites with many friends from around Europe. The freedom to come and go at will, and be welcomed everywhere we went. Here are a few photos that show the camaraderie of the golden years of motorhoming, when friends met up at the same sites on the same month every year, and every day was a day to remember. We all knew where everyone was and could plan trips of several months visiting old friends around Europe. Sadly many are not with us any more, and motorhoming will never be the same without them.
Please feel free to put your favourite photos on here that show why you love motorhoming.

Attachments

• S6000197.jpg
    S6000197.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 131
  • S6000198.jpg
    S6000198.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_0175.jpg
    100_0175.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 119
  • $RKLBLPO.jpg
    $RKLBLPO.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 118
  • kays favourites 054.jpg
    kays favourites 054.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 125
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Whilst looking through some old photos for the wild camping thread I got to thinking why I love motorhoming. I came to the conclusion that its not just one thing but many. I consider myself lucky to have motorhomed through the golden years and have been able to travel, and both wild camp and also spend several months on winter halt campsites with many friends from around Europe. The freedom to come and go at will, and be welcomed everywhere we went. Here are a few photos that show the camaraderie of the golden years of motorhoming, when friends met up at the same sites on the same month every year, and every day was a day to remember. We all knew where everyone was and could plan trips of several months visiting old friends around Europe. Sadly many are not with us any more, and motorhoming will never be the same without them.
Please feel free to put your favourite photos on here that show why you love motorhoming.

I would just like to say that the last photo, although I had a smile on my face, I was not that happy having to peel spuds for about 30 people :Sad:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You need to get with modern times Dave --A potato ricer saves having to peel them -instant lump free mash and the skins stay squashed in the bottom waiting for you to pull it off :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You need to get with modern times Dave --A potato ricer saves having to peel them -instant lump free mash and the skins stay squashed in the bottom waiting for you to pull it off :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

I wish.... But where would I put it. If I carry anything else there will be no room for me :ROFLMAO:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back