deisel doctor

Free Member
Jul 21, 2012
stowmarket
Funster No
MH
burstner
Exp
I expect most fun stars are just getting out of the sack and saying what a good night that was
I am so glad you had a good new years eve
I was up walking at 7 with rusty my dog thinking what a good idea it would be to let of some really loud fire works and wake up some of our neighbours that made my dog shake and frighten all night don't get me wrong I am party animal as much as the next man.
But why so loud and why all night I suppose its a status thing I have bigger and better than the neighbours.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Wellllllllllllllll..

For me ( even though I do not set any fireworks off ) it is to express and demonstrate joy at a special event

Appreciate they are far from everyones cup of tea, but then neither is owning a dog ( for instance ... We are dog lovers like you but some folk dislike dogs and despise those who own them )

Just be thankful you are not in Bavaria !!
Fireworks are ummmm... well lets say a bit tame.. Canons being fired off for an hour or so is closer to the norm ( and yep, have indeed been kept up till the wee hours with such 'celebrations' !!! )

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN SUSIE MY PRESENT DOG IS OK WITH FIREWORKS BUT MY LAST ONE Sindy was petrified and tried her best to hide away from them in cupboards under the bed,she just didnt know what to do with herself bless her,shivering and shaking all evening, I used to dread guy fawkes night and now they are let off at every event even birthdays, poor poor animals:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Being a particularly miserable sod, I saw the New Year in when I got up at 7.15 am this morning! Personally struggle to understand the excitement about a purely artificial date change.

The Government website gives the following information about firework law:

You must not set off fireworks between 11pm and 7am. The exceptions are:

• Bonfire Night, when the cut off is midnight
  • New Year’s Eve, Diwali and Chinese New Year, when the cut off is 1am
Well they went well past 1am here. Actually, they started about 11pm. Fortunately our dog seems relaxed about firework noise, a previous one used to go through Hell for the weeks approaching Bonfire Night.

So Diesel Doctor who wanted to set off a few fireworks on his 7am walk would have been perfectly entitled to!

Steve

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Hi, look at me, I'm supposed to be tough but actually I'm a wimp. I start to hyper-ventilate around Guy-Fawkes and the fireworks go on for several days.
My servant walked me into town last night and I collected so many strokes off the revellers at mid-night, I didn't notice the fireworks (too much).
My servant thought that was better than being indoors where the neighbours let them off and he had a walk as well.
I agree that us dogs are not for everyone but my servant could write a book on why he doesn't like some humans!

Alfie

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Brilliant post Larby !!

But come on.. You have a PROPER dog there !! ( actually Heinz followed by Staffs and Cockers are my favorites :thumb: ! )

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well I gather the OP only wants opinions, if he wanted to correct the bhaviour he'd be having conversations with the perps, wouldn't he?

And my opinion is I like em when they are proper fireworks ie pretty, even if they bang or whoosh, but what I hate and loathe are 'bangers' or 'firecrackers' - you can make quite enough noise by any other means you care to choose if that's your purpose in life, and cheaper - so why bother ?

Started going off about 9pm last night so clearly not to celebrate New Year, as it wasn't. So dunno what they were for ....

Just wish people would come and offer to clear the debris up out of other folks' gardens after though, don't you?

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
My little fella, Riley - he doesn't like fireworks either, so when it comes to November 5th,
New Year etc, I simply hook him up to some music......

.... his tastes in music are varied, but he likes classical more than anything,
particularly his favourite composer ............. Bach!! :ROFLMAO:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
We love professional firework displays and long may they continue:thumb: BUT !!! that is the only type that should be allowed, all private sales and private use of fireworks should be banned.:youbetcha:

Dave, Mary and the family of 9 dogs

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I expect most fun stars are just getting out of the sack and saying what a good night that was
I am so glad you had a good new years eve
I was up walking at 7 with rusty my dog thinking what a good idea it would be to let of some really loud fire works and wake up some of our neighbours that made my dog shake and frighten all night don't get me wrong I am party animal as much as the next man.
But why so loud and why all night I suppose its a status thing I have bigger and better than the neighbours.

Several years ago on a caravan site there were a group of us outside still chatting just after 11pm.
Some guy in a tent rang the site owner complaining his young children couldn't get to sleep. I got a visit from said owner who advised me of the time. I asked if he could ask the complainant to keep his wailing children quiet before 7am as their crying and tantrums woke me up!
Luckily we got on well and no offence was taken by the owner but we all smiled and sarcastically waved to the complainant.
By 11pm my kids were worn out and slept, if sleeping in a tent is a problem, then wrong type of holiday?
I don't drink or smoke but never complain when participants of such pleasures blow smoke in my face and cause noxious smells from their bottoms. (I get my own back by incessant talking and eating garlic and onions!)
Live and let live?
I am actually a nice guy, I let my wife smoke and in return I get cooked meals, clean shirts and the odd fringe benefit. Have another ciggie dear!

I don't have an attitude problem, I have an attitude, YOU have the problem!!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back