Why do people spend £40,000 (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Weird, 27000 miles, in 8 different countries, including Scotland and never got pulled once? Was it your driving :winky:

As said, your build quality may of been crap but mine was ace. :Smile:
We'll it explains how you have never been pulled. There giving them away up here with Tesco vouchers, the resident sites here are called Adria can't move ,won't move and lost a lot of money

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Weird, 27000 miles, in 8 different countries, including Scotland and never got pulled once? Was it your driving :winky:

As said, your build quality may of been crap but mine was ace. :Smile:
All they miles that explains all the dodgy drive ways and lop sided hedges

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We bought new and spent 40k!

Therefore this thread is targetted at us!

The reason we did what we did was that our van is PERFECT for us and we have no need to change it. If we were unhappy we would have changed it at a massive loss.
As it stands we will own it for at least 10 years and then someone who doesn't spend 40k on a motorhome willl buy it.
In the meantime we will continue to enjoy its high specification and winterisation, saving a small fortune on accomodation during every night we spend out in it!

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Where did the figure of 40k come from anyway? Can you get them that cheap???
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 9, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Caravaning / boating / motorhoming for 20+ years
Having purchased a Swift product for around £40k earlier on in the year I thought I would reply to the original post.

Why..... Simply the layout was the priority above all else, and after much searching we concluded the Swift layout suited us best, and the others that we did consider were much more expensive.
Concerns...... I had read up on the many Forum posts concerns and concluded that Swift always sorted customer damp concerns in all vans under 6 years old which had been looked after properly (habitation checks) during that time, and that damp issues after this time seemed to cost between £2k to £8k to sort out.... And that 99% of equipment in the van (fridge, heaters, ovens etc. including doors and windows) were found in European vans costing much more. So we concluded that by saving around £20k on a 'European van would more than pay for any possible 6+ years future damp issues.... And we have a door on the correct side, and although parts may take a few weeks to get, they are not many months, even years like some.

We did not buy new (our van was a year old when we purchased it... Thus saving £10+k. No warranty issues to date (previous owner had one small one).

Regarding comments that at spending £40k things should not go wrong..... A Boeing Dreamliner costs over $200 million and the first 50 had battery safety issues (in January all 50 Dreamliners were grounded for 3 months!!). All companies have / had issues, the better ones get them sorted.

Our van is one of those that the rear wheel has been found to be difficult to remove. Swift are recalling them for modification. We have already had 3 Fiat recalls, a bit of an inconvenience (taking van to dealer) but at least an apology and sorted at their expense.

Ian.... A happy Bessacarr owner.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back