Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I have 3/4 of a head of naturally grey stubble. :Confused:

Its the hairs that are growing out of my ears and nose that are still brown!
Allan

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well I like bald, not necessarily totally and not really in women, but I think my hubby looks very sexy especially with a stubbly beard, trendy shirt and a nice sun tan.

My daughter has the most beautiful strawberry blonde hair but she insists it is ginger and has blond high-lites which I think is a great shame. I should be mouse / grey but will stay blonde for a few more years till I am sixty.

[HI]The one thing I really hate is the attempt at a bald coverup...... Just hate it, be bald and proud! [/HI]

I also love all Red hair think it is infinitely better than mouse.

So should I stop growing my hair at the back?

I was thinking of a comb over to meet the hair coming out of my ears.

What do they say?

If you've got it - flaunt it:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
Well we are Glampers! Ā£6 .. Good old Zaffers! Queensbury, So what do you do then light a match!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
What's the Problem? I've been grey on me Sideboards since 15/16 y o, Grey ,salt and pepper, Bleached Blonde (salt spray and Tropical Sun) then grey! Had hair down me back in a Pony Tail:winky: (hippy stage, peace brother peace!!) Looked like the Dulux Dog for as long as I can Remember, only recently got it cut "like a normal person!!!!"
And at almost 74 years of age! still got a full head of hair:RollEyes:

It's the genes!:Smile: If it's not there! why worry :Doh: BALDY!!!:ROFLMAO:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Hair??

The state of my head hair is proof, if any were needed, that there is no such thing as natural justice!

My dear old Dad was quite grey by the time he was in his mid to late twenties, and totally white haired by the time he entered his fifties. I've seen the wedding pics of him with jet black hair at age 21 but I can't personally remember that dark a colour.

I've often been mistaken for him in my looks and the sound of my voice, and as a young fella I just assumed that my path was set.

I'm now constantly surprised and bemused however, as I approach fifty myself that apart from what some would say are 'distinguished' patches of grey at my temples, I'm not going bald or grey. This must be annoying for those that care about losing hair or going grey, which isn't me.... to me hair is just a nuisance and I'd happily lose it all! Only the presence of my little wife stops me from shaving the lot off!

Simon

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
I once used beard trimmers / clippers on husband .... to say I wasn't good at it is a massive understatement .... he was seriously shorn when I had finished ... Couldnt seem to fix the length of trim thingy!

We went to new posh neighbours for dinner and they really looked at him twice! One of the best laughs we have ever had!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
more on pony tails.....

Only two kinds of older men can wear ponytails with dignityā€”eighteenth century blacksmiths, and Indians

The blacksmith from the 1700s tied his hair in a miniature ponytail as he pounds hot iron on his anvil. his hairdo is functional given the nature of his work and the shortage of barbers in his day.

Indians can also wear ponytails. One reason is, they donā€™t go bald. Their hair is thick and suitable to the ponytail

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I have cut my own hair for years with electric trimmers. I usually use quite a short comb, a few years ago I was cutting my hair ready for an important meeting at work. I was almost finished, just a quick zip up the middle of my head, but the comb fell off and I ended up with a reverse Mohican!
The meeting went well, my hairstyle is still talked about to this day
Allan

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
more on pony tails.....

Only two kinds of older men can wear [HI]ponytails with dignity[/HI]ā€”eighteenth century blacksmiths, and Indians

The blacksmith from the 1700s tied his hair in a miniature ponytail as he pounds hot iron on his anvil. his hairdo is functional given the nature of his work and the shortage of barbers in his day.

Indians can also wear ponytails. One reason is, they donā€™t go bald. Their hair is thick and suitable to the ponytail

During the Hippy years "free love" etc etc

"Hey Man Peace, stop the War in Vietnam, what yer smoking Sarge? wan' a dance ? let's prance babe! Peace babe Peace!"

To have a pony tail? as a mid twenty year old, in the AGE of the PILL!!!, yes my friend THE PILL!!! meant you didn't pound Iron! far from it!! You didn't have to surround a Waggon train!!! far from it!!

It meant you went to sleep, Exhausted!!! but very! very! happy!!!!:thumb:

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
That reminds me of a little incident years ago when we pretended to sue some friends for damage caused to my husbands back when he was "surfing" on their faulty ironing board, we sent a very official looking letter from our solicitors Messrs Scratchett, Sniffet, Suckett & See.

Shortly afterwards we received a telephone call from an Italian gentleman asking if he could come and see us as he was seeking a Uk agency to sell his equipment. The appointment was duly scheduled for April fools day! we were certain that our friends were setting us up so we dressed up in Italian colours and used kids face paints false Italian moustaches etc etc ... we never let on that we had rumbled them!

Imagine our horror when a smartly dressed Italian business man arrived at our door, we just didn't know where to put ourselves, we felt so stupid!:Blush:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

"Hey Man Peace, stop the War in Vietnam, what yer smoking Sarge? wan' a dance ? let's prance babe! Peace babe Peace!"

To have a pony tail? as a mid twenty year old,in the AGE of the PILL!!! , yes my friend THE PILL!!! meant you didn't pound Iron! far from it!! You didn't have to surround a Waggon train!!! far from it!!

Nothing wrong with that......i'm referring to the 60+ age group today. :RollEyes:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

To have a pony tail? as a mid twenty year old, in the AGE of the PILL!!!, yes my friend THE PILL!!! meant you didn't pound Iron! far from it!! You didn't have to surround a Waggon train!!! far from it!!

Nothing wrong with that......i'm referring to the 60+ age group today. :RollEyes:
Yeh - but did anyone "Bleached Blonde (salt spray and Tropical Sun) then grey!" ever look under 60? :Blush::RollEyes::whatthe::roflmto:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
dont get me started again on old men and grey, wispy pony tails. :Angry:

I have had a pony tail since I was 18, I turned white an my 30's, now 66 and still have a pony tail and lots of white/blonde/grey hair, live with it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
She`s just being nice ::bigsmile:

Ahh, I always thought that!

Then I met a MUCH younger woman than myself, now the thought of her having to walk down the street with a dad lookalike on her arm made me reach for the bottle:ROFLMAO:
I look at it as if a old car comes in for rusty edges to be tidied up and coloured back to what it should look like::bigsmile:

I'm not sure that's a great metaphor...at the end of the day, paint-job or not, everyone still knows it's an old banger ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
S

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
I have had a pony tail since I was 18, I turned white an my 30's, now 66 and still have a pony tail and lots of white/blonde/grey hair, live with it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
nothing wrong with grey hair but why the pony tail are you one of those blokes that ride round on a motorbike or moped thinking you are the new cliff Richard or a rugby union player that's just come out of a scrum and doesn't know where he is either way its puzzling :Doh: steve

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Bald and white,not bothered in the slightest:cry: as long as i can still raise a gallop :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: But dont tell the wife about the last bit.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
nothing wrong with grey hair but why the pony tail are you one of those blokes that ride round on a motorbike or moped thinking you are the new cliff Richard or a rugby union player that's just come out of a scrum and doesn't know where he is either way its puzzling :Doh: steve

Why does it matter Steve?

Your wife thinks your a hunk so what's the problem?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back