Why do Dealers Never return your calls (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Nigel L
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
After a 'to the point' email sent last night to all the directors, I had a phone call at 9-15 this morning apologising for the lack of action. Result, the MH is now built and awaiting to be transported from Germany, and should be at the dealers sometime next week.
That's all the information that I wanted to know, and would have taken 30 seconds to tell me that when I first ask.
So, back on track, but it just so frustrates me that you end up banging your head against a wall sometime

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Serves you right for wanting to inconvenience them by giving them your money. :sneaky:

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We had problems getting our burstner, found a phone number for burstner uk, and he was able to keep me updated with the state of the van.
I haven't got the number, I think I researched on the web, a north east number I think

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
To every positive there seems to be a negative. I wanted to buy a new Carthago, or possibly a Laika a couple of weeks ago from Southdowns, and asked them a few questions about garage sizes etc. I got an email saying they would check and let me know, then a whole stream of emails telling me the history of Southdowns, how all the staff go motorhoming and links to brochures etc., but no answer to my query. I then got an email asking me if my query had been answered to my satisfaction, to which I replied NO and bought a new Carthago elsewhere. Shame as we wanted to buy from them based on their reputation and had arranged to visit/buy subject to our queries being answered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
No, not Becks.
We did actually come very close to giving them the order, as they did actually offer the best deal at the time,
That was the mistake. We have found Becks very good all through the sale process for our new Hymer. And have also been very good with dealing with a few snags we had. Communications excellent.

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
We are looking for a new motorhome and i went to the local dealer, ask for a price to install a marine tank in a Carthargo we liked the look of and a price for a Concorde Charisma they have

@Coastal Cruiser.
If you're talking about the dealership I'm thinking of, you could do a lot worse than speak to another dealership which is probably closer to your home.
I have had incredible support, help and advice from Premier Motorhomes and Leisure. Can't say the same about Southdowns.
Stef.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
@Coastal Cruiser.
If you're talking about the dealership I'm thinking of, you could do a lot worse than speak to another dealership which is probably closer to your home.
I have had incredible support, help and advice from Premier Motorhomes and Leisure. Can't say the same about Southdowns.
Stef.

Won't be buying from Premier as about 4 years ago my son did a few days on days release from his motor vehicle college course, they were supposed to pay him but never did even after him chasing them a few times.

I have been to look at their stock a few times in passing but no one comes over to see if you need any information or help.
They do not stock the M/H model I am looking for so will be giving them a miss.

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
We are in the process of buying a used elegance and so far it's been 6 weeks since we gave a large deposit , and every time I ring up its we are very busy at the moment it's just in the work shop or its waiting for its habitation check .

Bought a van off Southdowns 3 years age and said that we would never again, they knew nothing about the van we bought even though they are dealers for them. A year later we popped in and saw the same guys we bought the van from and they asked if we had a motorhome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Not all UK dealers are bad. When I bought my motorhome off of Becks I gave them a £2,000 deposit, and picked it up 2 weeks later. And that was only because it took that long to get it registered with the DVLA.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back