Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Good advice and the members are up for a laugh. Its not too serious.

Reading Hilldwellers posts every day are worth £12 on their own.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Being a funster's it feels like family, if any problems we sort thru and help each other, good and bad times we are there for each other, and the wealth of of knowledge that is shared is priceless ....thank you funster's for such frienedship :thumb:

John n Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Reasons to be cheerful

I consider this a friendly forum and the benefits to being a subscriber are worth more than the £1 a month it costs. :Smile:

And there I go again with an obscure title :RollEyes:

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
For the good crack and the help with problems re motorhomes,touring etc
Bill :thumb:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Its all been said hasn't it. I have been a member on a number of other sites and have always been happy to pay. But FUN is the only site, that i can honestly say, I have never been slated for having an oppinion. Needless to say I have dropped out of the others.
Good Luck Jim & Brian and thank you.

Don

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
The sense of community and above all the respect that is given to the newest member is the same as to the oldest.

By being a Funster you are sure that someone will always be able to help what ever the problem be it technical with your van or getting a lift to the railway station.

Kevin and Tricia

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Because I wanted to!

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
With members & posters from USA to Netherlands to France and Spain - Italy to Morroco etc being a member of fun means that where ever you are there is no reason to be alone - unless you want to be - help - assistance - company & friendship is only a click away

IMHO the site has improved since it has been subscription based

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I subscribed for many reasons however the

first and foremost reason was because I envisaged that without the proper funding the site would eventually close which would be a dreadful shame and I certainly dont want to see that happen.

From a financial point of view

Our motorhome insurer gives a discount to motorhome fun members. That discount alone was much higher than the £12 subscription.

However even without the insurers mh fun discount if we attended all the shows that give discounts to funsters we would have recouped our membership fee.

The friendship, kindness, and help received from funsters is priceless and I wouldnt be without FUN even if I couldnt afford a motorhome and had to tent it

oooh and thats another thing, you DONT have to have a motorhome to be a funster.

Everyone is welcome no matter what age, no matter what accommodation or financial position they are in.

There is no snobbery and there is no pecking order. There are only very few simple rules to follow and none of them are unreasonable.

Quote whatever you like Jim xxxxx

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
A friendly community where we have got lots of advice, tips and help since we joined and met some friendly people who know how to enjoy themselves.

We also like the diversity of the members on here from all wakes of life and a forum when you can have an opinion without offending anyone (well most of the time :ROFLMAO:). You can always rely on this site to make you smile too :Smile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Discovered MotorhomeFun when searching the internet for a handbrake extender and have never looked back. We have managed to find a site that welcomes everyone and whose outlook is fun and making sure that people are supported. Long live Fun and the Funsters.

Kath & Howie

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
There are less than 20 times a year we can chat face to face with fellow MHers to discus holidays and make plans.

On FUN there are 365 days a year when we can share the company, advice and help of fellow MHers.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Why subscribe

As a newby, the information available and being able to tap into the experience of more experienced members. Requests for information come back very quickly, because it is an active membership.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Because of the fun and friendly community.

Not to serious.

Tongue in cheek humour.

lighthanded moderation.

For the friends that I have made and ones I have yet to make.

Pat

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I joined to give something back that helps to support this great informative ,funny, factual site which I have been a free member of for a whileand have also formed a bond with many like minded people:thumb::thumb::thumb: BTW I pay to be in CC and C&CC and they don`t have a live forum like us.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
i just did cause your wurf it:Eeek::thumb:
then i dont not mak speller mistooks
cause ifn i dud noonebody wood let on:thumb:

an wen yu needs sum support there is always sumbody ta gave it :Doh:
ta muchley folks:thumb:

well evryfing else had bin said didnt want swelled heads did we

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
THE THREE F,s

FUN
FRIENDLY
FAMILY

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
It's all been said.
The first post I ever wrote on a site was to this Forum. I was so worried it was not done correctly. No need to worry. A wealth of friendly replies came back.
Feels more like a family than a forum.
Lucille

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I can be fairly exact

I have not met a single person from this forum who has done anything bar enhance my ( our ) motorhoming experience .

I have been told of great places to plot up for a few days, been told where to get this or that at a bargain price, had some very real and proper bargains from a couple of the sponsors ( Dave Newall and John Cross ) and thoroughly enjoy the banter and comradeship displayed and encountered 99.9% of the time..

There are forums I infest and just use.. then there are forums such as MHFun where I feel guilty I cannot give back as much as I get out of it

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
because on the rare occasion I can make a fool of myself e.g lap dancing and still hold my head up high.

This is because its all in the name of fun and there are no inuendos and its all game for a laugh

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
"Why did you subscribe?"

Because, having been here from day one, we wanted to maintain the friendships that we have made over the years, and to continue to be a part of it all, through communication and camaraderie. :thumb:
We might only meet folks personally, two or three times a year, but when we do , it is great catching up over a coffee, or a beer preferably. :winky:

For us, one of the most prominent aspects of "FUN" is that it doesn't matter if you have a little "Fat Willy" pop up VW camper, or a 16 tonner, 4 x slide, diesel pusher ARV, or a pup tent, you 'll always be welcome and regarded as part of the community, ie, no "club" snobbery.

Landy-Rover's post above is very true, in that the forum appears to be a better place since subscription was introduced.. Well put we think.

Best regards to all,

Jock & Rita.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I would miss the daily banter and the scource of invaluable information. I havent met any other funsters yet but thats just a timing issue which I'm sure will be rectified.

I was in France when this forum announcment was made and had limited access to wifi. Everytime I managed to log on I never had my wallet with me (thats my excuse). Its surprising the effect that is has when you cant access what you consider your club.

I reckon we deserve the best and with the aid of subsriptions I m sure that Jim will be able to continue to give us that.

Ive been on other forums just as many here have been but I'm always on MH Fun !!

Jim
:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Why did I subscribe...Mmmm...that is a good question...Well it came as a shock, I had just come back from a short M/Home trip 31/6/2010 in France were I live,
I had two or three messages waiting for me from MHF friends Laneside ALAN and Chatter Maggie saying that Jim is now charging for MHF...I sat there in shock as Jim had always said that he would not be charging to be a member...and every time I am out with the motorhome I tell motorhomers about this wonderful site/forum of fun and information and it was all FREE..... most people motorhomers said on there return to England they would look this site up on the internet and join (well my name is now going to MUD).
Also I had emailed hundreds of photo's of Aires and information to Jim over the last two weeks, in reply to the request he had put on MHF, wanting information and photos of Aires...Jim had replied requesting more information and could contact me if needed..YES of course he can.....But not once did Jim mention the forum would now become a paid membership on July 1st....
I said to Maggie and Alan I can not see me carrying on with fun as I do not use it much mainly just to reply or help other member's requesting information regarding France and Aires.....I may flick thro to see what is on the Home page, I may just drop into the chat room to say hello........but most of the benefits on fun, the discounts, the Funsters meetings/rallies I never go to with being in France as I only travel on the channel tunnel due sea sickness and with the dogs it becomes very expensive...... and of course we do not have the benefits of Tesco/air miles ( you lucky people).
Then I read why Jim had made the decision to charge for membership,
I am a big believer if you tell the truth and give a reason and explain to members why you have had to charge...... the members will understand ..That is when I paid my subscription I think it was July the 2nd.
I did not know Jim was paying out of his own pocket I thought the advertising was covering the cost of this very good forum.
I also agree with part of what JJ said, the friendship, motorhome help, knowledge,information,

Some of the best benefits I have had from this forum is I have met a lot of new friends in person over here in France (members from this Forum), I have also spoken to many more members in the chat room from the UK, France and the Nederland's, I hope they don't mind if I can call them my friends......and I hope to meet many more in person over here in France in the Future ...I am also hoping to meet members in the UK when we do our return visits.

Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back