Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
In no particular order:

MoHo for 2 people (no extra belted seats needed).
Light and spacious interior as we wanted to tour for a few months at a time, did not want to feel cramped up.
Fixed Bed.
Large lounging seating area for relaxing.
Kitchen with oven & large fridge/freezer.
Decent sized bathroom with good size separate shower.

For our budget it fits the bill perfectly, we are well pleased.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Price & quality were a big part of the decision. On our first visit to Caravan Salon we went on the last day of the show and what struck us was that the Hymers after thousands of people tramping through them had far less damage and bits broken than most of the other makes, that sold us on Hymers. We saw the Tramp SL Gold special edition it had the similar layout to our caravan, fixed French bed and it was a bargain, we priced up the cheap Tramp CL with the same extras that were standard on the Gold SL the Gold was cheaper. By the time we had got back to Calais the decision was made.
Current Exsis was bought as I wanted an A Class but the boss didn't want to spend too much money got offered a really good price from the Belgium dealer we brought the Gold from so went for it. Two years on weren't really planning to change and the boss put her foot down and said no way. I wanted to go a bit more up market as the Exsis is a bit basic and wanted a better kitchen better storage and taller garage. Anyway got offered a cracking deal again from our Belgium dealer, trade in of not much less that what we paid for the Exsis, massive discount on a B Class Dynamic Line, the boss was the first one to say yes, looking forward to March.

As for layout, must have a fixed bed & table a good shower as we use it daily and garage, also must be German built.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
We bought a BRITISH built van, although the base vehicle is Italian.

Very pleased with it and NO REGRETS.

Dave

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Chose ours for many things, the overall size in width is more or less the same as a panel van, its a metre longer but has open ended garage storage, two fixed single beds that can be made into one huge double within seconds by just pulling out a slide draw if needed and a lounge area to chill eat an watch tv, its so perfect for us an we luv it.
20160506_104436.jpg

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
After ten years with American RVs we wanted lounge space when downsizing , so the Hymer B544 fitted the bill and a good quality build a bonus.

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
IMG_2607.JPG

As an update on this thread (our initial post was on page 1). We had our 700 Apache for less than 5 months. We were determined to use it, and in those 5 months we covered over 5,000 miles. It got stuck in the mud in Chester, to almost getting stuck in a small town in the south of France, Serignan-Plage. We used it a lot, most weekends, and it had been excellent, and more importantly no issues whatsoever.

We were not looking to change it until we saw a slightly bigger AutoTrail and (Kat) immediately loved the fixed bed... Our Comanche, a much bigger lounge area at the front which could easily seat 8, huge fridge, very large dining area and for me a more powerful 3 litre engine. Fiat powered again. We lost £1k on the switchover.

We have done 3,500 miles in it since 1st August, and again, had no issues whatsoever. Everything has been perfect. This British built van is probably our ideal layout. Not looking to change this van at all.

When you hear of the adventures and places people have been to and reading about all those excursions that are posted up, you have to take a leap of faith when buying your first Motorhome. We did in March this year and it was probably one of the biggest and best things Kat and I have ever done. Upgrading it to an even more comfortable home from home was a natural progression for us. We shall use this van constantly over the coming years, and hopefully meet some more wonderful people on our travels...

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Layout, quality, fixed bed, and it felt right when we sat in it. 50 odd thousand miles and 8 years later we still have her, must have made the right choice. A Bessacarr E560.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We were really happy with our classic hymer 354 but since retirement last year we decided to upgrade to a larger & newer (to us)E760 due to plans for more trips away , especially on the continent . The layout has everything were looking for, fixed bed, & large kitchen (with oven, a must ) area.The van has an open airy feel about it which we love. We also got it for a good price which helps lol.Overall very happy with Bessie . :)

Milk Tray Man

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2016
Gillingham, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Frankia I680BD
Exp
Since 2014
Bought our Burstner Delfin Performance T821 at a show for two main reasons, it was the first van our two dogs just settled in plus it was German. For me that meant good design, quality of build and full winterised with Alde system. Have traded her in for a Frankia i680BD (bought via SMC at NEC show this year) as my wife wanted a smaller MH as the Delfin is 8.3 meters long. New one will be 7 meters, has some great design features and the only down side is that its not on a Mercedes. Now just have to wait until April 2017 for her to arrive and patience is not one of my very few virtues!

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I don't really know how we ended up with our MH. We had one a while back and the wife always said we should get something a bit smaller for easier parking, not that it bothered me. We saw one which was a capucine as they are called here in France but it was about a two hour drive. I had my reservations about a capucine type van thinking they might roll about and get caught by cross winds. We saw one for sale which was only a twenty minute drive but it was much bigger. My thinking was to have a look and try and get a feel for a capucine. As soon as we stepped inside it, that was it. The next thing I knew was my wife bargaining with the sales guy. We took it for a test drive and before I knew it the deal was done. Having said that, we have no regrets at all. Its spacious, comfortable. Good size shower. Permanent beds, a large boot space and very comfortable. We can live in it and don't seem to fall over each other.
perRoanne 006.JPG

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
The most important factor, for me, was less than 3.5t and a good payload. Not easy.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
SWMBO wanted a fixed double bed at a low level. I wanted a proper separate shower cubicle and an A Class body. Was hoping for something a year or two older though (just 1 year old when bought) as the price was a lot more than we really wanted to pay

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
We Chose ours because we have a couple of early teenagers who like to come with us a few times, so we got a 6 berth van.. Has plenty of room.. Has many toys and gadgets and it does everything we need for it to do..

However, once they have decided that it's not cool to be with Mum & Dad, we'll change to something that both suits Kat and I..

Saved me typing that as its exactly how we picked our van :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back