Why cant they leave us alone !!!! (1 Viewer)

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
There are some real scummy b"%^&*(&ds going about:Angry:judging by what they took it sounds like they were stealing to order:whatthe:you know how dear parts are:Eeek:hope you get it sorted asp all the best:Sad:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
it looks like someone has crashed the front of there van and pinched yours to replace it i expect the police will be far to busy looking for someone speeding 2 or 3 mph over the limit or parking in the wrong place to be able to take any interest.I do hope they are caught,and made to pay, do not be too disheartened most people would sooner help you than rob you.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
it looks like someone has crashed the front of there van and pinched yours to replace it i expect the police will be far to busy looking for someone speeding 2 or 3 mph over the limit or parking in the wrong place to be able to take any interest.I do hope they are caught,and made to pay, do not be too disheartened most people would sooner help you than rob you.
That is unfair!! they could have crashed theirvanwhen speeding!!
Sometimes druggies nick bits like this to flog and support their habit or it could have been Itinerants. In what ever cas the fact remains that someone has been subject to a distressing theft which I think with past history may be victimisation by the same individuals.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Unbelievable ! You cant help thinking that some of the old eastern practices were right. CHOP THEIR BLOODY HANDS OFF.

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Fingerprint officer finally arrived. And they cant take any fingerprints as the surfaces arent suitable

Stuffed as usual.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
The same happened to me, I found 300 empty cans of been dumped in my garden, no fingerprints. the cans had been left out in the open!!:ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Fingerprint officer finally arrived. And they cant take any fingerprints as the surfaces arent suitable

Stuffed as usual.

Hi

I'm no expert but I find that very hard to believe.. they can even lift prints off corpses ..

so sorry to hear about your troubles, I've been following the thread and can only guess at how you feel.. can't offer any advice but you have my deepest sympathy .

Please don't let the b*stards get you down.. then they win on two fronts.. There used to be ethics and a moral code in this country, even between thieves .. now it's all gone to hell..

good luck, hope you find parts to repair and get back on the road soon..

Jim

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
So sorry, Gail, just picked up on this as have been away
This is horrible ,like a violation of your home.
This happened to my daughter last week. She had to go out on call late at night in Manchester, and when she got back all parking in her road had gone, She had to go two streets away near a park on the way to pubs and restaurants.
The next morning she found the nearside mirror hanging off by its wires (even tho it had been tucked in). Some scumbag had tried to kick it off stealing to order.
had to borrow sister's car to get to hospital. £200. Just hope they are never ill!
Would be very sorry if this makes you give up with a motor home.
Did someone here say on a previous post say they kept their MH at Abbey Wood??
Would this work for you?
Don't let the swines get you down!
Lucille

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
Hi there, sorry to see what has happened to your van.
Just showed my wife the photo and told her that the police cannot even get fingerprints.
Her reaction: "What do you expect, the police aren't going to do anything because they can't be bothered with this kind of crime and anyway, they will just say, you're insured aren't you".
I was a bit taken aback at her reaction but as I sit here thinking about it, I cannot help wondering is she is right or not.
Until we bring in proper punishments for this sort of thing then I'm afraid things will probably just get worse.
I know what I would like to see happen to them.
Hope you get evrything sorted soon.
All the best.

owlgirl

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
Funster No
So very sorry to hear about your troubles, things like this heart heartbreaking pity you couldn't wire the motorhome up so that if they came again they would not forget their visit in a hury.

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
You seem such nice people. Unbelievable the bad luck you are getting, try to be strong.
Best wishes for the future.

Tiderus

Free Member
May 2, 2008
Tywyn, West Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Twelve years
Sad to hear of your bad luck, hope they get it back ten fold. Have you thought of fitting a PIR, sensor. Either on the house, or on the van as they are now available. Even a removable one on suckers with a lead from the bedroom window. It will go off long before they could cut the lead. Lights on and an audiable one should deter anyone but a fool. Sounds like they are doing one up for the MOT, and found the bits expensive. Maybe some lock nuts on your wheels would be a good idea? With your engine problem, have they pulled the power suply lead off the diesel pump, hence no start. Hope you get sorted soon and put this bad experience behind you, as we all feel disgusted. Reg'ds Graham.

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
No dylan

Not even a call from the Assessor.

Summer holidays will probably be over before its sorted.

Will update when I hear anything

Thanks so much to everyone for your support, it really is appreciated.

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Hi Gail,

The police are talking bollocks!

I have been trained as a Police fingerprints/SOC officer, and It would have been easy to lift full or partial prints from this sort of crime scene. Don't believe either that rain will 'wash' prints away - prints are grease based, and can be lifted for months after they have been left.

Tell the Police you have taken independent advice, and say that unless they attend and do a proper job, you'll make a formal complaint against the SOCO that originally attended.

Modern techniques are far better than they were when I was a policemen 20 years ago, but even then, I could lift a print from a sheet of paper!!

As has been previously noted, a decent forensic lab can get a print from just about anything these days, including a cadaver.

Good luck.

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Many thanks for trying for us Slickmouse, unfortunately its the wrong type, you help is much appreciated though xxxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back