Why are you here, reading this? (1 Viewer)

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
oh sorry thought they had let him out

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we've been out since the 2nd of may, but came home yesterday, campsites are all fully booked and we do not like that at all, not to mention the prices go up becuase it's a bank holiday.

so for the next week i'm doing little jobs on the van, and will be out again after the holidays when it's quiet out there again (stratford show on monday the 1st)

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
We are here coz ours is in the States

But we are off to do a carboot to earn a few quid.

Newquay is full of teenage petrolheads this weekend and the A30 is chok a blok again at Jamaica Inn ,Temple on Bodmin Moor

Even Camborne is chockablock!!

I'm staying on site and giving Winnie a bath..................then off to Trevelgue Park to look at custom cars and abit of clubbing afterwards as dj bubblegum is mixing tonight :thumb:

Boo

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
cutting the grass today.
as its the first cut of the year i'll need my satnav to find my way around..:ROFLMAO:
health and safety be aware.....im clearing the gutters tommorow and im doing it off a LADDER. :thumb:

Far be it from me to interfere, John, but wouldn't it be a bit easier to do it ON the ladder :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Graham

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Thanks folks,I don't take a deposit maybe its something we should think about. Too trusting thats my trouble ! Think I might overbook next time by one unit then if they all turn up I will put one on our "friends and family pitch".
We have made a black list now !!

Dylan, when I hired recently I made a booking at several sites, they all required a non refundable deposit and since I was only staying one night that was the full amount. I did question this and was told by all that they were fed up with 'no shows' and that they had to do it.

When I arrived and mentione it again most said that in an emergancy (e.g. hospitalisation) they would offer equivalent number of days latter in the year, it does seem hard but business is not charity and these days you do have to operate profitably or else you won't be around for long.

I'm sure you know all this and I'm not wanting to be patronising at all, just wanted to let you know my experience as one who has never previously used motorhome camp sites.

arielultra

Free Member
Jul 20, 2008
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm stuck on an oil rig in the middle of the North Sea.

My wife & kids, meanwhile, are living it up at a festival, in the van.

Luckily, I'm not bitter!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am reading this to calm me down ! :Angry: Fed up with customers booking pitches, 5 days in this case, and not turning up or calling to cancel. I have turned 3 units away this weekend as I was fully booked and now one unit has not turned up for a five day booking so have lost customers and money. Why would they not ring and cancel, I alway ask people to let me know if they can not come for any reason and everyone says" of course I will" and they blooming well don't:swear:
Surely its good manners !
Sorry rant over:Blush:

Bummer

Some CL's overbook :Blush:maybe why:winky: but you should ask for their clubcard number just to scare em slightly:winky:

You need a portable sign on the road:winky:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
cutting the grass today.
as its the first cut of the year i'll need my satnav to find my way around..:ROFLMAO:
health and safety be aware.....im clearing the gutters tommorow and im doing it off a LADDER. :thumb:

well that was the plan :Doh:

got the ride-on out of the garage, cranked it up and flicked the blade seloniod switch....stall. do it again....stall.

main drive blade of 3 is jammed solid.

tried to free it but no luck.

cutting deck removed, belt cover removed......secondary belt broken.
this one drives all three blades from the main blade and when pulled tight between thumbs its 6ft long
thats 12ft of rubber threaded between 4 pulleys and 2 idlers.....what route does that take when its snapped and laid in the cover.

freed of the blades and greased the bearings then tried to get a new belt.

not chance on a saturday afternoon.
tracking on down gave me a chance to get out in the bike though:Cool: damn sight easier than the car this weekend.:whatthe:

found one on ebay at £37 + pp but no chance of cutting the grass this week.:thumb::thumb::winky:

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
me
oh!! i am just waiting for the correct clutch to be delivered
so my new engine can go in and then i can use it again

May 22, 2008
Funster No
I am away ,I'm at a rally at Bradford on Avon ,Super, just gone on line to pick up an E Mail so thought I would have a quick look in, Thank goodness for a Dongle. :thumb::thumb:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
I have been reading back through some of the posts on this topic and am amazed at the comments about sites being full, I know club rallies are not for everyone but this weekend in the Camping and Caravanning Club there about twenty venues to choose from at very reasonable prices in super locations . no booking required at most , turn up and do your own thing, well regulated venues no hassle and friendly folks to mix with, so why are you not here ???????? :Eeek::Eeek:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
First chance today to try out our Aldi mini sat. system. I did cheat (a bit) because I left our Multi Mo dish in place to set up the de-coder, when that was O.K. I then swapped dishes, so far it really is the dog's dangleys (for the price).
I intend to fit it's LMB onto the truck-camper's (US) dish if possible, then use the 12volt decoder when we go to meets with no EHU.
Nigel & Pamala

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
First chance today to try out our Aldi mini sat. system. I did cheat (a bit) because I left our Multi Mo dish in place to set up the de-coder, when that was O.K. I then swapped dishes, so far it really is the dog's dangleys (for the price).
I intend to fit it's LMB onto the truck-camper's (US) dish if possible, then use the 12volt decoder when we go to meets with no EHU.
Nigel & Pamala

I've been meaning to ask you how you got on with that Multi Mo, I know they are popular with caravanners and if they work well, their small size is a real bonus, not only for storage but windy conditions as well:Smile:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
at home because

we were going to go to chedder gorge this weekend but we had the alvin stardust concert and managed to raise £1500 to help send fifteen pupils from bluecoat school on their trip to south africa, all for a good cause

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
PappaJohn, what makes the mower and deck?

Paulus, which Blue Coat school, the one in Reading?

Peter

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
bluecoat school

nottingham bluecoat school, excellent night with the buzzband and alvin stardust who was just awesome live in concert

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Oh I was just curious, bloody belts are a pain in the butt.

I have a Kabuta and its a *** changing that one, its in retirement now as I bought a John Dere, diesel (RED!) triple headed AUTOMATIC, POWER STEERING & POWER LIFT, that thing throws belts as well:cry::cry::cry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Oh I was just curious, bloody belts are a pain in the butt.

I have a Kabuta and its a *** changing that one, its in retirement now as I bought a John Dere, diesel (RED!) triple headed AUTOMATIC, POWER STEERING & POWER LIFT, that thing throws belts as well:cry::cry::cry:

:cry::cry:thought you were going to say you had one you didnt need...:Doh:

this things auto....well, hydrostatic drive with an electro-magnetic drive clutch for the blade.
PTO and grassbox lift is by manual lever and awkward to use.:Sad:
power steering comes in the form of popeye arms::bigsmile:
cant expect too much for £2,300:whatthe:

mystery is...why do they put headlights on 'em...no way am i mowing in the dark.

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
:cry::cry:thought you were going to say you had one you didnt need...:Doh:

this things auto....well, hydrostatic drive with an electro-magnetic drive clutch for the blade.
PTO and grassbox lift is by manual lever and awkward to use.:Sad:
power steering comes in the form of popeye arms::bigsmile:
cant expect too much for £2,300:whatthe:

mystery is...why do they put headlights on 'em...no way am i mowing in the dark.

Wheres the cutting head then? >>>>>> Link Removed

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Jim
as you are probably aware by now. it takes us ages to get these things done!!!!
we set up the Multimo and it was great, we eventually put the new mini dish on with it's decoder box, when I disconnected the multimo I moved it a bit and got an even better signal, I would say that the Aldi dish and multimo are about equal. But I THINK that the Multimo may be easier to "aim".
We still have our wireless reverse camera in it's box waiting to be fitted, along with CB radio!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nigel

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
well that was the plan :Doh:

got the ride-on out of the garage, cranked it up and flicked the blade seloniod switch....stall. do it again....stall.

main drive blade of 3 is jammed solid.

tried to free it but no luck.

cutting deck removed, belt cover removed......secondary belt broken.
this one drives all three blades from the main blade and when pulled tight between thumbs its 6ft long
thats 12ft of rubber threaded between 4 pulleys and 2 idlers.....what route does that take when its snapped and laid in the cover.

freed of the blades and greased the bearings then tried to get a new belt.

not chance on a saturday afternoon.
tracking on down gave me a chance to get out in the bike though:Cool: damn sight easier than the car this weekend.:whatthe:

found one on ebay at £37 + pp but no chance of cutting the grass this week.:thumb::thumb::winky:

or this weekend either...

got a belt on ebay shops from a company in Ballynahinch, Co Down.......and they sent the wrong one:cry:

just rang them and its the last one in stock.....he's trying to find out who got my belt as i got someone elses.:Doh:

Oh well!!!!! looks like ill just have to do something far less important like the A frame brake cable::bigsmile::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back