who would you recommend - satellite dish (1 Viewer)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Depends where home is...!!
Lots of independent satellite and TV companies around.. maybe just google TV aerial / satellite installers.
The CAI is a trade body https://www.getmeviewing.org.uk/

My fitting days are long over....

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Robert Jackson for me every time.. Mind you, after the first one which they fitted for us ( and made a superb and competitively priced job of it ) I have always fitted my own ( with stuff bought from.. you guessed it.. Robert !
( http://www.jacksonsuk.com/ )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Anybody who doesn't try to bed it on sealant - apparently that's a no no, according to our mobile fitter. Our roof leaked when somebody tried that.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Why not go to eddivanbitz..Lots of Reccomends on here,PLUS....He is a fellow..PASTY muncher. Be warned,one of his books in his mini library was a bit "Off Centre" when a fellow Funster had work done there. That's enough to make a shepherd interfer with his dog!! Poor housekeeping,sack the maid!.
Tea Bag

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
WOW.. I missread that one.. I thought you wanted a dish on your house !!!!!!!

:xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Would only bother if you hour UK or northern France. The brits appear to be the only idiots unable to use a dish in southern Europe. I used Jacksons in the past but 18 months ago they never bothered getting back to me. I left 5 messages on various devices but nothing. I assume they are still trading? ???

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
He looked as though he was getting on a bit last time I saw him three years ago, does he still do the work himself?

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Can you not fit yourself Colyboy ? Its not rocket science and not difficult to do... Sticking the thing on the roof will take a few minutes, its the cable run that takes the time.

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
I used Jacksons 3 years ago booked van in for a new Satellite dish left nice and early on the Friday morning as it is a long drive from me.
Arrived half an hour early to be told he was running behind and would be with me as soon as possible 2 hours later still sitting in the van I asked what was going on to be told he had to finish the van he was working on these things happen so back to my van I went to wait.
zzzzzzzzzzzzz3pm I am now thinking he is not going to have time to fit my dish I asked to be told he could do it in the morning if he got the other van done.
well no more waiting around off we went home.
To be fair he did travel to my home a few weeks later to fit the dish at no extra cost but he had the wrong dish I decided to have the dish any way because we where going to France the following week.
I for one will not use them again but this was just my experience and it looked to me he had taken on more than he could chew a quick phone call would have saved a lot of wasted time diesel and a weekend.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
From my experience this is one of the reasons i choose to do the work myself - if possible - Buy the parts you need (after you have done some research on good ol MF of course) and just take your time, jobs can be done in your time at your leisure, you will know whats been done and you get greater satisfaction by doing it yourself.
No more hanging around waiting to find out they did the job eventually but broke other stuff in the process.. Grrr

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I fitted a Selfsat Snipe 2 to the roof of the Laika .. As we have a new MH I got the Dealer to drill the hole through the roof for me. Just stuck the plate down to the roof after a good clean with Sikaflex. I put some small pieces of plastic to lift it a couple of mm so the Sikaflex could create a good bond. Works really well and can easily be removed as it just has 8 bolts holding it to the plate.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Robert Jackson is still trading and still doing sterling service.. His son, Paul, does most of the installation work and has done for several years..
Robert does tend to do what a lot of do though.. Winters in Spain !
Although the business is still open and running during the mid winter months I would say the phone service does suffer quite a lot.. No idea who runs things while they are away but who ever it is does the good name no favors :xdoh:

Middy42

Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Robert Jackson every time goes through step by step explains in detail, and fitted mine on my drive for £60 extra, for me a no brainier.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back