Who smokes in their motorhome? (1 Viewer)

Drylander

Free Member
Aug 28, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 Years
Nosmo King

My old Grannie used to say:

'Never smoke in bed 'cos the ashes that fall might be your own...'

Personally, I dont really smoke - I'm just the sucker on the end of the cigarette!

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I also think that the taxation lost from total banning of smoking would be more than covered by the savings in the National Health Service and associated helpers.

The excuses that some people come up with to cover their addiction to the weed never fails to amaze me. :Eeek:
No 'excuse'.....it happens to be fact, and you are talking in billions of revenue rather than a few measly million.

When the UK 'anti' smoke lobby started banging their drum, little did they realise they were about to score a massive 'own goal'. Was the barmy banning simply going to start and stop only with smoking? No.

Drinkers are now in line for a thorough bashing. Passive drinking is now an issue under discussion at EU level.
Sound a bit daft? Read on.....

Link Removed

fyggy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
In a brick built
Funster No
MH
Merc 316CDi
Exp
nope! Don't smoke in the van (my mother would kill me) ... I wouldn't want to either, ... not sure why, just don't want to

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Only thing that smokes is the engine, my BBQ and me when i'm on fire, like now hoo haa. Gettit? Oh please yourself

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
I have been a none smoker now for six months (god..i could still murder one) but never would I smoke in the motorhome or indoors,I did`nt fancy yellow interiors .::bigsmile:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Stopped smoking 510 days ago and then developed asthma. I have a friend who lives in Gran Canaries, smoked Golden Virginia all his life and now has COPD, I was lucky that I dont. But I tell you that wait between the X ray and the results was the longest of my life.

Would I like another fag? No

Zoe68

Free Member
Feb 14, 2008
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly 3
No Way !

I've been a non smoker for 14 months now, and theres no way I would allow smoking it stinks :Doh:

How would you get it off the walls :Eeek:

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
I don't smoke in the MH or the house. I used to enjoy a smoke whilst having a pint or two but that experience has now been taken away from me. I now have to stand outside to partake and feel like a criminal, doing something which, until July last year, was a perfectly legal thing to do. I do it because I enjoy it, not because I'm addicted it to it (I often go days without). Many people, regulars in the pub, have commented on how much they miss the aroma from my smoking. (I smoke a pipe, incidentally). Had the government done this properly, with proper consultation, we all would have had a choice as to where we could smoke or otherwise. As it stands now, I have no choice at all and neither do the bar staff at my pub who, without exception, are all smokers (the very people this legislation was brought in to 'protect'.)
I shall now stand back and await the abuse from the non/anti smokers who obviously are 'better' than me!

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I never could get the hang of smoking a pipe. When we were younger all of the lads had a go at it and without exception all failed.

I like the aroma that comes from a pipe except when I,m at 30.000 Feet up in an Aeroplane :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Jim :RollEyes:

Baldy

Free Member
May 8, 2008
The open road
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
officially since 22 feb 2010
Both wife and i are smokers, we smoke outside mainly, but when it rains we smoke inside, (caravan for now).

As for being a drain on the NHS, it's the smokers who fund it. The currant biggest killer is obesity. Too many greasy spoons and fatty burgers. Give me a plate of salad anyday. We have actually seen a chap on site who had a Autosleeper Herald, with modified door and hydraulic lift, given to him on motability, because of his size, he then ordered a chinese take away, had three large servings, a case of fosters and complained later that evening as he was hungry.

If all the smokers quit smoking tomorrow, the NHS, DVLA, and "good old gordon" would be filing for bankrupcy on Friday:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think there should be a BMI tax. i.e. if your BMI figure is higher than 25 you pay for it, the less you weigh, the less strain on the engine, the less fuel you will use, the better for the environment.

So buy this I have deduced that large people are bad for the economy, bad for the environment and take up more room.

:roflmto: This is meant in humour only, if you can't laugh at yourself, what are you doing here?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I mean, look at me I'm fat and bald, at halloween parties I dress up as Uncle fester adams. No padding or make up required:ROFLMAO:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Both wife and i are smokers, we smoke outside mainly, but when it rains we smoke inside, (caravan for now).

As for being a drain on the NHS, it's the smokers who fund it. The currant biggest killer is obesity. Too many greasy spoons and fatty burgers. Give me a plate of salad anyday. We have actually seen a chap on site who had a Autosleeper Herald, with modified door and hydraulic lift, given to him on motability, because of his size, he then ordered a chinese take away, had three large servings, a case of fosters and complained later that evening as he was hungry.

If all the smokers quit smoking tomorrow, the NHS, DVLA, and "good old gordon" would be filing for bankrupcy on Friday:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think there should be a BMI tax. i.e. if your BMI figure is higher than 25 you pay for it, the less you weigh, the less strain on the engine, the less fuel you will use, the better for the environment.

So buy this I have deduced that large people are bad for the economy, bad for the environment and take up more room.

:roflmto: This is meant in humour only, if you can't laugh at yourself, what are you doing here?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I mean, look at me I'm fat and bald, at halloween parties I dress up as Uncle fester adams. No padding or make up required:ROFLMAO:
yes and now pubs are closing down with the smoking ban .:Sad:

Baldy

Free Member
May 8, 2008
The open road
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
officially since 22 feb 2010
This in turn causes people to stay at home and sit in their own houses, getting drunk, smoking more and eating more, not getting any form of exersise, they suddenly balloon in weight, causing yet another strain on the economy.

When we were aloud to smoke in pubs, the wife and I used to enjoy a walk to town (we'd take the scenic route, 5,5 miles) have a meal, drink and smoke) in the smokers area, and enjoy a walk back, since the smoking ban, the stench of booze and vomit soaked carpets in the pubs has forced me out of them.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, the reason I smoke is I actually enjoy the different flavours of different tobacco's. I don't have any excuse for not giving up because I have no intension of giving up.

I have three vices, smoking, slurping(drinking) and singing. Two of them are legal, believe me, if you heard me sing, you'd understand why it should be illegal.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
BMI tax... brilliant! :thumb:

of course having a high BMI doesn't have a harmful effect others (no passive fat sharing:ROFLMAO:) unless they sit on your knee or you have to lift 'em:ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
£5.50 for 20 amazed anyone can afford to smoke:Doh:

Money to burn:winky::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The last time I bought 200 duty free fags I think they were £18. The other day on the ferry I went to buy some for my Mother in law (I like to encourage her to to smoke as much as she can:Smile:) I was shocked when I saw people queuing to pay £170 for a box of 800.:Eeek: When I smoked, (25 years smoking for England) 800 wouldn't have lasted me very long. That is a lot of money to find if you are hooked on the weed. I gave up over a hundred times before the last time and I genuinely feel sorry for those of you that are addicted. I hope you can kick it before you kick it::bigsmile:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
First time I bought duty free they were 1/- for 20 :Eeek:

(OK, 1964 in the NAAFI :ROFLMAO:)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I swore I would give up when they got to 1/- for 20 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics. ~Author Unknown

The best way to stop smoking is to carry wet matches. ~Author Unknown

Nicotine patches are great. Stick one over each eye and you can't find your cigarettes. ~Author Unknown

I kissed my first girl and smoked my first cigarette on the same day. I haven't had time for tobacco since. ~Arturo Toscanini

To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I've done it a thousand times. ~Mark Twain, attributed

I thought I couldn't afford to take her out and smoke as well. So I gave up cigarettes. Then I took her out and one day I looked at her and thought: "Oh well," and I went back to smoking again, and that was better. ~Benny Hill

Remember, if you smoke after sex you're doing it too fast. ~Woody Allen

Thank you for Not Smoking. Cigarette smoke is the residue of your pleasure. It contaminates the air, pollutes my hair and clothes, not to mention my lungs. This takes place without my consent. I have a pleasure, also. I like a beer now and then. The residue of my pleasure is urine. Would you be annoyed if I stood on a chair and pissed on your head and your clothes without your consent? ~Sign from Ken's Magic Shop

Thank heaven, I have given up smoking again!... God! I feel fit. Homicidal, but fit. A different man. Irritable, moody, depressed, rude, nervy, perhaps; but the lungs are fine. ~A.P. Herbert

It has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain when awake. ~Mark Twain

The public health authorities never mention the main reason many people have for smoking heavily, which is that smoking is a fairly sure, fairly honorable form of suicide. ~Kurt Vonnegut

A nonsmoker is forced to find food, but for a smoker breakfast can be a cigarette and a cup of bad coffee. ~Brock Fiant

I'd rather kiss a mad cow on the muzzle than a smoker on the mouth. ~Paul Carvel

A cigarette is a pipe with a fire at one end and a fool at the other. ~Author Unknown

Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs. ~Author Unknown

Watching the smoke dance out of a cigarette is like watching a girl dance out of her dress. ~D.H. Mondfleur

The cigarette does the smoking - you're just the sucker. ~Author Unknown

They threaten me with lung cancer, and still I smoke and smoke. If they'd only threaten me with hard work, I might stop. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

What a weird thing smoking is and I can't stop it. I feel cosy, have a sense of well-being when I'm smoking, poisoning myself, killing myself slowly. Not so slowly maybe. I have all kinds of pains I don't want to know about and I know that's what they're from. But when I don't smoke I scarcely feel as if I'm living. I don't feel as if I'm living unless I'm killing myself. ~Russell Hoban, Turtle Diary, 1975

A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. ~Rudyard Kipling, The Betrothed

A custom loathsome to the eye, hateful to the nose, harmful to the brain, dangerous to the lungs, and in the black, stinking fume thereof nearest resembling the horrible Stygian smoke of the pit that is bottomless. ~James I of England, A Counterblaste to Tobacco, 1604

Reg Ball

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
Burnham on Sea. Somerset
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
7+
I personally would not buy a motor home or caravan that I feel has been smoked in. Even tho' it may have been cleaned or decontaminated, a non smoker can usually tell.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I personally would not buy a motor home or caravan that I feel has been smoked in. Even tho' it may have been cleaned or decontaminated, a non smoker can usually tell.
Sold my caravan to a fanatical anti-smoker.

The 'deal clincher' was a stunner which i will never forget....."we've been to look at a number of vans before yours and do you know every single one was owned by a smoker and their vans reeked of fags"!!

I smoke but the key when selling is quite simple;

1) Don't ever light up unless the potential buyer smokes....and then only smoke if they are.

2) Before selling, buy a 99p can of cleaner from any supermarket and give the van/mh a damn good cleaning and airing out.

My buyer went away happy with his purchase and content in the thought that he'd purchased a caravan from a "non-smoker"! :ROFLMAO:

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Ron

Maybe people think its clever to kid others over a sale of a van that has been smoked in. Lets hope they don't find out and under the trades description act ask for their money back.
There has been a lot of talk in high places about charging people who self inflict, costing the NHS loads of money. In this catagory is smoking, obesiety, being taken to hospital due to drink and catching all kind of things from unprotected sex with strangers.
Maybe if this is passed in the house the NHS would most certainly make a profit, the cost of fines for parking and speed cameras would never be spoken about again.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Maybe people think its clever to kid others over a sale of a van that has been smoked in. Lets hope they don't find out and under the trades description act ask for their money back.
There has been a lot of talk in high places about charging people who self inflict, costing the NHS loads of money. In this catagory is smoking, obesiety, being taken to hospital due to drink and catching all kind of things from unprotected sex with strangers.
Maybe if this is passed in the house the NHS would most certainly make a profit, the cost of fines for parking and speed cameras would never be spoken about again.

Mmmmm...........was never aware the NHS was a profit making organisation.

if this is so then why werent the recievers called in years ago . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back