Who is spending x-mas in their van ? and where? (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Christmas at home with sons, wives and grandchildren, New Year in Kilmarnock with friend at the "The Motorhome Club " rally for 5 days. van is ready , just food to go and fuel up before we leave.
Important things in already, brandy,coke,white wine,whisky (for first foots) shorty and cheese plus a large Dundee cake.
Will be a great 5 days, bring it on !!
Wish everyone on the forum a very Merry Christmas and a equally Happy New Year.

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
We're at home, all the kids back home at the moment friends &more Family ( 17 in all ) for Christmas Day but we're away for the new year no idea where yet. Any ideas ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
I suggested to SWBO that perhaps we should go away in the van New Years Eve:xThumb: That is until SWBO reminded me that New Years Day is our Grandsons 4th Birthday:birthday: AND he'll be expecting pressies from his Grandparents :Eeek:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We are currently on the CC site at Brighton, have been here for nearly a week now. There are lots of caravans and motorhomes on the site and we spotted a Bolero motorhome with a "FUN" registration on itx:-)

Merry Christmas to all you Funsters and all the best for 2015:xThumb:

Margaret & Bill

p.s. Funster bear is with us as well!!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
At No 1 daughter's Xmas Day - she's a chef - plus she carb counts stuff for me to make it easier - so it's bonus bonus LOL

On a rally over New Year for 5 days. (Suntreckers would you believe!) Think it's in Lincs somewhere. Or is it Leics? Anyway - we have a room on site for the paaaarty!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
BTW whether on our drive or theirs, I can't believe our grandkids wouldn't be banging on our van door, once they were up !

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
At No 1 daughter's Xmas Day - she's a chef - plus she carb counts stuff for me to make it easier - so it's bonus bonus LOL

On a rally over New Year for 5 days. (Suntreckers would you believe!) Think it's in Lincs somewhere. Or is it Leics? Anyway - we have a room on site for the paaaarty!
Another naturist?

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Another one on daughter's driveway. Nestling in the foothills of the Quantocks in Somerset in our case.That's Christmas anyway. Not sure where we will be come NYE. If we are still down in this part of the world, we may well go over to The Masons Arms at Lower Odcombe, which is where we spent Christmas last year, unless they are fully booked. If we have started north again, we may check the cancellations list & see if there is room at Briarfields - the original plan was to call there on the way back north, but it was fully booked at one point.

OH can't get up stairs without a stairlift, so the van is very useful when visiting family & friends.

Last edited:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Our van is spending Christmas in the sunshine in Alicante, but we'll be at home with SAD. Sixteen for dinner Christmas Day should brighten up the day!

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Don't be so surprised Mr Ed there are a few of us on here, most of us have been on the forum a long time. But don't make much mention of it since a new member was asking for recommendations of sites a couple of years ago, and when a couple of us suggested sites or aires near naturist beaches ect, were told by said member "We don't want that sort of thing on here" we tend to not publicise it so much.

Fortunately they didn't last long on here before they disappeared!

We "Sedge" my wife and I do exchange info with a couple of people on here usually by PM.

The suntreckers rally is near Spalding in Lincs, there are still some spaces left if you are a member and are interested.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
At home in the van. Being a fulltimer this business of at home OR in the van doesn't count :xblink::xwink:

Currently at Louth. Booked onto one of my favourite CL's for 2 weeks. After that, I will stick my finger in the air and see where it points.

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Me sir. Me sir. Sir. Sir. Me sir.

I'm in Lanzarote and the missus flies in tmrw. I've really missed her. The van needs a reet good clean.

Well, Yorick, just get on with doing it before Penny arrives! No sympathy here, eh!?! You've been having a ball so now it's your turn to pull your weight so poor old Penny doesn't have to get stuck in on sorting your "bachelor van" (i.e. yours and Elvis's!) on her arrival! :xlaugh:

Have a great Christmas all of you! :xlaugh:

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
MH parked up at Camping Cabopino, Marbella whilst we have travelled down to spend xmas in Gibraltar with my parents!! Nicccce!

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Sandringham CC site for 3 nights, not as exotic as some I will admit.
Where ever you are in the world have a goodun.:xThumb:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We will be at Albox in Spain. Visiting friends who have moved here this year. Van parked on the drive in front their house on EHU.

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:xgrin: Home with family for Christmas :xgrin: then off to Devon for a New Year Rally :xThumb: :xThumb: afterwards we'll wander around Devon and Cornwall for a couple of weeks before sailing home to IOW :xsmile:
Merry Christmas and Happy Motorhoming in 2015 Funsters :xsmile: :xwink:

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
:xgrin: Home with family for Christmas :xgrin: then off to Devon for a New Year Rally :xThumb: :xThumb: afterwards we'll wander around Devon and Cornwall for a couple of weeks before sailing home to IOW :xsmile:
Merry Christmas and Happy Motorhoming in 2015 Funsters :xsmile: :xwink:

Ooh, didn't know there were any New Year rallies in Devon? We looked & couldn't find any! :xsad:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Son`s Xmas day dinner, then Chelsea FC boxing day match, 27th my Birthday Alps (Samoens) Ski ing whooopppeeee :clap:

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Ooh, didn't know there were any New Year rallies in Devon? We looked & couldn't find any! :xsad:

It's a CC rally in Paignton (there's another rally near Wadebridge as well, Little Bodieve). We've been to the one in Paignton for the last couple of years (came back with a new motorhome the first year:xlaugh:). It's very good so gets booked up early but they do get cancellations, worth a try. Haven't met any Funsters out and about yet so would be good to meet up if you do give it a try :xgrin:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I may use the van as sanctuary, an escape on the drive for a little me time when I tire of the family celebrations in the house.... :xsmile:

Problem is they will hunt me down...

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Currently at Louth.
Pleased to hear that someone is looking after the place in our absence. :xsmile:

Not sure just when we will be back. It might be as soon as the weekend, or as late as the following one.

Did I see a 'For Sale' sign up at the campsite? :xeek:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Pleased to hear that someone is looking after the place in our absence. :xsmile:

Not sure just when we will be back. It might be as soon as the weekend, or as late as the following one.

Did I see a 'For Sale' sign up at the campsite? :xeek:
I will be here for both weekends so will say hello :xThumb:

Yes, Gerry is selling up and retiring to a smaller setup. Hopefully the new owners keep the CL going.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Well, Yorick, just get on with doing it before Penny arrives! No sympathy here, eh!?! You've been having a ball so now it's your turn to pull your weight so poor old Penny doesn't have to get stuck in on sorting your "bachelor van" (i.e. yours and Elvis's!) on her arrival! :xlaugh:

Have a great Christmas all of you! :xlaugh:
Cheers :)

The van is spotless and got a few Xmas deccies up. I'm gonna spoil her rotten. She works hard as a teacher and gonna make it a nice easy break for her :)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We always spend it in the van as we live in it!
This year were at Quarteira, Portugal, Christmas lunch booked at Fantasia restaurant with friends, outside this year hopefully as last Christmas same place, it was blowing a hoolie, the only bad day we had weather wise, typical! Nice weather forecast tomorrow, Christmas day, yippee. Lunch on the beach weather. :xThumb:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Also stuck at benicassim, Spain :xrofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.