DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Proper exersize will come later because of my heart problem and as im recently T2 diabetic I am trying to change my diet.

I now use 'half spoon' sugar in my coffee (it's half sugar half sweetner and very nice), eat wholemeal bread and benecol spread, snacks are 'baked' crisps, flavoured rice crackers or low fat Jacobs cheese crackers, loads of fresh fruit and low fat and sugar everything.
I have had three meat pies in almost two months instead of three at one sitting.
Everything bought is checked for saturated, polysaturated and polyunsaturated fat and carbs checked for sugars.
Once I get my ticker bypassed I'm considering getting on me bike again, but that will have to wait for now.
That deserves a like.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I would never 'pay' to exercise.......... never, ever been to a gym, but happy to work, either for others (paid) or for myself......... for me there has to be a 'point' to everything......enjoyed playing football when younger because it was a 'game'

Could you imagine our ancestors 'exercising'?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My worst nightmare is the TVs remote batteries dying.... :eek:

If that happens I'll lose a stone in one night...:pop:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I would never 'pay' to exercise.......... never, ever been to a gym, but happy to work, either for others (paid) or for myself......... for me there has to be a 'point' to everything......enjoyed playing football when younger because it was a 'game'

Hard to answer that without being mentioned in the "Patronising and Rude Replies" thread!

The point about exercise at "our" age is you are likely to live longer and enjoy a healthier life if you exercise and keep your weight down.

Our ancestors generally didn't do the sort of exercise we are talking about. They had back-breaking jobs and died young.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hard to answer that without being mentioned in the "Patronising and Rude Replies" thread!
The point about exercise at "our" age is you are likely to live longer and enjoy a healthier life if you exercise and keep your weight down.
Our ancestors generally didn't do the sort of exercise we are talking about. They had back-breaking jobs and died young.

You are quite correct, it was a crass and stupid post, for which I apologise

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
I cycle 25 miles, jog 2 miles and do half hour workout with weights 5 days a week - I stopped smoking 10 years ago when I could hardly even walk up the stairs, and I have lost 3.5 stone in weight.

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
ive altered what i eat to be a bit more healthy and bought a fitbit and religiously try and reach my step target each day.

Am trying my first session of vaccufit today as a few friends have done it with good results and it only takes 30 minutes per session which i can squeeze in during my day as it is in my building. I am determined to reach my goal of 2 stone off by summer

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

Never needed to did they poor buggers ,slaving away in the fields or mines...

Reactions: LAM

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I developed bad feet so I went to the Doc.
She said, "What you need is a clean pair of socks every day and walk 10miles."

I had to give up when I got to Exeter. I couldn't get my trainers on with four pairs of socks. :groan:Ba Bum. I'll get me coat.

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Cycle a lot in summer (asthmatic so winter is out) walk on av 5 miles a day and Gym twice a week!

This accounts for me looking like 10 years older than I am and knackered all the time!

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
I often walk our deaf blind cat round the garden (y) that's about it i'm afraid.

#lazybo]]ocks

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
It's a Murvi club rally, if you have a Murvi you can come!
Thank you, (had to research what a 'Murvi' is !). Sadly, not in possession of said vehicle so unable to join your club/meet but have a good time :cycle:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Army Doc told me I should run 10 miles a day and also to put a clean pair of socks on daily too :)

Phoned him on Friday, told him I'd made it to Aldershot, but now I needed the train fair back to camp and couldn't get my boots on due to the number of socks I was wearing :rofl::rofl::groan::imoutahere:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I have always excersied in some way or another from playing Rugby, Football, Squash, have gave them up now and apart from walking the dog and playing golf I now run or plod.
My mileage depends on what I have planned if training for a marathon I normally run more than 40 miles a week, although I only have 5 weeks to London and only did 25 last week although I did walk the dog for 12 miles. So will need to head out for a run at Chester, If I'm training for an ultra I can run around 60 miles some weeks but most of these will be done off road round the local forests and mountain bike routes, it's a lot easier on the legs and tougher on the lungs.
My downfall is my diet if I didn't eat so much I'd be the white Mo Farrah :), I very rarely weigh myself as I tend to be more concerned with fitness and size rather than weight and its maybe just as well because I've just weighed myself out of curiosity and I'm just under the 15 stone so better get on a diet for London :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back