Who cares about the forecast? (1 Viewer)

Angus dog

Free Member
May 9, 2013
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Since 2013
Forecast lousy for the weekend but we are heading to Fermanagh anyway.Might see some of the G8 leftovers.More importantly hope to see a Lions victory tomorrow

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Having just aborted our trip up the west coast after three very damp nights at Sheidaig, Dornie and Arisaig I have to say that I do care about lousy weather!!We couldn't face the weekend with the rain battering down and have come home.I suppose it's a matter of how desperate you are to get away!

OP
OP
Angus dog

Angus dog

Free Member
May 9, 2013
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Since 2013
Having just aborted our trip up the west coast after three very damp nights at Sheidaig, Dornie and Arisaig I have to say that I do care about lousy weather!!We couldn't face the weekend with the rain battering down and have come home.I suppose it's a matter of how desperate you are to get away!

Sorry it didn't work out for you.We have just set up and (lucky us) weather is fine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We've just come from the Costa Brava to the Rhone valley in France. Weather excellent and forecast to stay without a cloud for the next week.:sin::sin::sin::sin:
Funny we were in scotland a month or so ago and the weather was not good, you are obviously going to the wrong places :ROFLMAO:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
We've just come from the Costa Brava to the Rhone valley in France. Weather excellent and forecast to stay without a cloud for the next week.:sin::sin::sin::sin:
Funny we were in scotland a month or so ago and the weather was not good, you are obviously going to the wrong places :ROFLMAO:

We were in France,Italy,Austria,Germany,Luxembourg and Belgium in April and May.Saw some decent weather in France and Italy but after that it was generally poor!The west coast trip was just us getting out again!:thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Have to say that the weather in Dumfries and Galloway has been lovely and warm all week.........this is until now:Angry: It is now raining heavily and quite windy, not ideal for the longest day. The forecast for tomorrow is more of the same, but we can't complain given the serious flooding there's been in Europe:Sad:

Thank goodness we got the grass cut today::bigsmile:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
weather

the weather is a very important factor for myself and sue when we are off in the motorhome to sit outside the van soaking up the sun and having a nice couple g and ts [or more].then off for a stroll looking at the sights.its heaven. but when its cold cloudy raining as it normally is then the best place to be is at home watching sky sports.steve n sue:thumb:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
One thing that we learned on moving to France is that the locals get on with whatever work needs to be done whatever the weather, and we have emulated their example. OK, there are some things that have to be done differently, or at different times, and we are fortunate in that when the sun comes out is can be very warm, but if it rains we just put on waterproofs and get out and do the jobs that are needed.

Here too the weather forecast for next week is good, with temperatures rising into the 20s, so we are looking forward to improving our tans!!!
Bob
www.parcverger.com

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User

One of the problems with 'Scottish' weather is that it can come and go at will........... we have given up altering our plans based on forecasts because often they turn out to be incorrect. If you check the weather now (Sat AM) for instance you will see that the places you refer to are set quite fair :whatthe::Eeek:

Just the luck of the draw really........

Anyway........there's always next time :winky:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Just off for a checky weekend camping at the Travellers Rest site in Cambridgeshire for a bit of canoeing on the river Ouse. Whatever the weather I think we will be getting wet :ROFLMAO: First time in a two man canoe!!

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
We don't let the weather spoil anything, in fact we enjoy long walks in the rain - a lot of the coastland looks great with the nasty weather.
As long as you have some lightweight waterproof clothes (and it's not too cold) then long coastal walks in rain and sometimes thunderstorms can be spectacular.::bigsmile: Obviously we would much rather glorious sunshine but if not on the cards it just doesn't matter to us.

I admit that when we get back to the MH we spend some time to wipe down the dog and ourselves, however nothing like a warm shower and then sitting down to a hearty meal and the dog snoring after a day in the elements.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back