Who can i use in the south east to fit an inverter and b2b charger (1 Viewer)

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi , I have a new battery 2 battery charger and a new battery charger inverter that i need fitting in my Elegance , can anyone recommend anyone as my normal guy has let me down.

Many Thanks Matt

OP
OP
955matt

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for that but i think i'm a bit far i'm in east sussex , i'll look into it though.

Matt

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I went down to @eddievanbitz from here in Eastbourne. Well worth the trip.
Made a few days of it. (y)(y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
No, tried Vanbitz and they said they would'nt fit my supplied parts .

:-(((

You may well have that issue with any bona fide fitter, mobile or otherwise.

If they fit your parts you will, understandably, expect them to warranty the job which in effect means them taking on the risk in your parts that could have come from anywhere. If one of them breaks you will expect the fitter to come out and look at it for you at no cost. Once they've established that it's your part that's faulty they have no way of recovering their costs other than charging you for a full priced service call which you won't be happy with and potentially then give them a kicking on here or other social media.

It's the same across all industries, not just this one, reputable companies are becoming less and less prepared to risk it.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I would say take a nip down to Vanbitz and have it fitted correctly.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Apple campers in wellington have agreed to fit my supplied solar panel. They might fit yours?
Worth asking?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
You may well have that issue with any bona fide fitter, mobile or otherwise.

If they fit your parts you will, understandably, expect them to warranty the job which in effect means them taking on the risk in your parts that could have come from anywhere. If one of them breaks you will expect the fitter to come out and look at it for you at no cost. Once they've established that it's your part that's faulty they have no way of recovering their costs other than charging you for a full priced service call which you won't be happy with and potentially then give them a kicking on here or other social media.

It's the same across all industries, not just this one, reputable companies are becoming less and less prepared to risk it.
That pretty much sums up our situation. To some it may seem an unreasonable stance, but due to past experiences where we have muttered "Never again" we are getting better at saying "Sorry, No"

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not a lot to it if you know a bit of DIY and common sense and follow the instructions (y)

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Perhaps Johns Cross Motorhomes might know a self employed fitter who could help you out.

You could ask any Caravan dealer in your area who might employ auto electricians on a casual basis.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You could try this guy his name is Gary he usually does a lot of towbars but does a lot of other things as well he is in Bournmouth area but travels around the south 07778 343464
He does excellent work at reasonable rates.

aandncaravan

Free Member
May 5, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
Trader
Exp
If this is on a Burstner Elegance, then you really need someone who knows what they are doing, as most newer Burstners, with the exception of the 2017 models, won't take kindly to either a B2B or Inverter?
You really need major mods to the existing kit for it to work in harmony.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back