Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Just returned from a trip to the Outer Hebrides - Harris, Lewis and the Uists: Stunning place to visit, and we were particularly lucky in having a close encounter with Britain's largest bird of prey, the white-tailed eagle. We had a wild-camp stop on the shores of a loch, and no sooner had we had began to settle our attention was drawn to the noise of some oyster-catchers mobbing the eagle on the shore. Before I had a chance to get the camera it flew off, but returned later. That was the first of 3 x 2-day stays we had there during which we had further sightings of it in flight. One morning we were taking a walk along the lochside when we saw the eagle fly across to perch in a tree a hundred yards or so in front. We were sure it would fly away as we approached, but it stayed until we were right beneath it, and I managed to get a few shots as it flew off. It was a satellite-tagged bird, and on one of our re-visits, it flew to land on a wall right beneath our van ...........

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Fantastic

I do envy you, what a fantastic experience! the most outstanding of all the Scottish wild life, there on your 'doorstep', a memory to cherish.
Best Regards Mac

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back