Whitby Gothic Weekend/ meet Harley says. (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi peeps.

We are due for the half term holiday soon and were going to go to Cornwall. However Harley would rather Whitby and TBH I am not against the idea.

So Whitby Gothic weekend is allegedly cancelled, but I thought what the heck, it wont stop me from being crazy and draculated along with the others, :winky:

I know we have a few from oop that way, any one fancy getting something together? Its half term week so was thinking of going from 27th Oct to the Sunday.. Not yet booked or got any site details as I thought I would see who's interested. Fantastic place Whitby but it will be on a site. Ourselves dingray and Tick59 used one a few years ago within walking distance to the town, was about £18 per night, so if you could let me know of any interest by the end of the week please it would be good.

If not no worries as we may head off down to Cornwall, it's just Harley insisted on a meet.:Cool:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi peeps.

We are due for the half term holiday soon and were going to go to Cornwall. However Harley would rather Whitby and TBH I am not against the idea.

So Whitby Gothic weekend is allegedly cancelled, but I thought what the heck, it wont stop me from being crazy and draculated along with the others, :winky:

I know we have a few from oop that way, any one fancy getting something together? Its half term week so was thinking of going from 27th Oct to the Sunday.. Not yet booked or got any site details as I thought I would see who's interested. Fantastic place Whitby but it will be on a site. Ourselves dingray and Tick59 used one a few years ago within walking distance to the town, was about £18 per night, so if you could let me know of any interest by the end of the week please it would be good.

If not no worries as we may head off down to Cornwall, it's just Harley insisted on a meet.:Cool:

Harley insisted on a meet? Wish we were going to be around now - we could have brought Jake!

Shame though - we'll be on the ferry on the 27th!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
What a shame we cant make it:Sad:

We have booked to go away those dates already , nr Bridlington so not a million miles away.

never mind there are always other meets .

Leanne:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
from the official whitby gothic website Paul...

Link Removed

News,Press and Publicity,Tickets,WGW Dates
After a meeting with Scarborough Council this week. Top Mum is delighted to let you all know that the ongoing future of the official Whitby Gothic Weekend is secure. There is no question whatsoever over next month’s Halloween event. It is definitely taking place. Tickets will be posted out next week.
Some customers have been given dates for 2011 by various tourism departments. These have been given to them by alternative parties and are NOT the dates for the Official WGW 2011 which are dependant on a variety of logistics. It is customary for me not to release a forthcoming years dates until Halloween, so I ask for your continued patience. I hope to have some infomation for you very soon. Thanks, Jo

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
might be up for that paul off for a week was looking scotland or pick a spot on the map an go let us know:thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
might be up for that paul off for a week was looking scotland or pick a spot on the map an go let us know:thumb:

Just sent you and Pat a Text Eddie, so looking good.. Get ya suit wig and make up out, :winky: Lallymac, whats happening in Bridlington? How far is it ?

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
its a site called Skirlington leisure park, we booked a while ago, just somewhere to take the boys for the back end of half term, we have never been there before ...

Leanne:Smile:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi Paul,
We would love to come depending on how my sister's op goes tomorrow. Never been to Whitby and it's my sister's favourite place.
Lucille

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi

Another time we would of been up for this as we love Whitby but going to Cardiff this Saturday until Thursday, training at Cardiff Bay Yacht Club. Have a really good time as I know my cousins are going to the annual Gothic event in Whitby, from Dunoon, and they love it.

Dale

www.waveneyrivercentre.co.uk - Norfolk Meet in November 5th-7th, or longer if you wish

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Would have been good for us but have booked a week in Scotland North Ledaig site.

Dingray

Free Member
Dec 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
CB
Exp
Since 2000
Gothic W/E

Hi Paul,
It's a long time since we were at Whitby, I quite fancy another ttrip there, let me know where and when and I will see if I can make it.
Ray:thumb:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Hi Paul,
spoken to the big guy, and it,s a definate NO for us, he says he is taking me nowhere until I get the all clear from the hospital, and my appointment is not until Nov 12th:cry::cry::cry:Chris

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Hi Paul,
spoken to the big guy, and it,s a definate NO for us, he says he is taking me nowhere until I get the all clear from the hospital, and my appointment is not until Nov 12th:cry::cry::cry:Chris

How are you Chris? are you still poorly?

wish you well

love lea and paul xx

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
still not good lea had 2 lots of antibiotics but still got bad pains in my back, back at the hospital next month for another scan see where we go from there

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Fantastic place Whitby but it will be on a site. Ourselves dingray and Tick59 used one a few years ago within walking distance to the town, was about £18 per night, so if you could let me know of any interest by the end of the week please it would be good.

What is the name of the site Paul? our son used a site called "Broadings farm" not far from whitby last year for Gothic weekend, we are thinking of using this site for gothic weekend, had a look on website and it's about £12 per van, + ehu (£2) might give them a call tomorrow

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry Paul but dont think we'll be able to make this one.....clashs with family event.:Sad:

but we will have a drive up to say hello :thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Fantastic place Whitby but it will be on a site. Ourselves dingray and Tick59 used one a few years ago within walking distance to the town, was about £18 per night, so if you could let me know of any interest by the end of the week please it would be good.

What is the name of the site Paul? our son used a site called "Broadings farm" not far from whitby last year for Gothic weekend, we are thinking of using this site for gothic weekend, had a look on website and it's about £12 per van, + ehu (£2) might give them a call tomorrow

Sorry Paul but dont think we'll be able to make this one.....clashs with family event.:Sad:

but we will have a drive up to say hello :thumb:

That is the site I have emailed Bob & Val, Im awaiting them to get back to me today.
Thanks John,,,, I was having a bit of trouble placing your RV so might make it a little bit easier. Do come up and see us though, you know your welcome.

Ray, we are going to be looking at Wednesday to Sunday next week. :thumb:

As soon as the site get back to me I will post up.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry: Unfortunately I can't get this one off the ground :Angry::Angry: It appears a gothic festival over Halloween has completely blocked even the haganaps charm to book some where. :Sad::cry:

So having to look elsewhere now. :cry:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
whitby

yes paul thats what i told we tried weeks ago to book somewhere so had to go somewhere for halloween booked high moor farm:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Paul, you can stick us anywhere at one of your meets as long as we're with the funsters and not in a 'stalag 17' wire compound surrounded by stormtroopers in tranny vans :ROFLMAO:

ring any bells :Angry:

couldnt manage dorset for just a weekend anyway. :Sad:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
still not good lea had 2 lots of antibiotics but still got bad pains in my back, back at the hospital next month for another scan see where we go from there

oh bless ya, thats really not good, keep us updated and let us know how u get on at the hospital.

xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back