Whitby Goth Meet April 25th - 27th (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Just getting van ready for the off just have to wait for Lorraine to finish work. One question is there a water supply there to save me filling up before leaving.

Yes you can drive down to tap, will keep a space so you can drive down, what time you getting there Gerry?

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Just had a phone call first thing this morning telling me flights are being booked for me to travel tomorrow across the Atlantic... Emergency relief required at very short notice.....:Sad:

So sadly we will not make it to Whitby.....:cry:

Hope to catch up with you all soon, and I'm sure you will have a great weekend...

:Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hoping to leave here about 2.30/3.00 so hopefully be there around 6, I can fill up here to save you saving a space its not a problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
All set up at Whitby listening to the rain on the mh roof,hope it stops by tomorrow:thumb:

speed080

Free Member
May 28, 2010
Funster No
:thumb:A big thank you from Dave Carol and Alex, for making us most welcome at our first funster meet. we had a great time thanks again. Home now but looking where to go next
wishing a safe trip home to all :thumb::thumb:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, we home now safe and sound, Once again Val & Bob, perfect hosts superb meet with lots of funsters having "Fun"

you put a lot of effort into your Goth meets
for which we would like to say a
Big
Thank you

love n hugs
Andrea n Jeff
xxx

lilac lill

Free Member
Sep 15, 2012
Worksop
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt - I think!
Exp
Since 01/09/12
THANK YOU Val and Bob for another fantastic weekend, and to all attendee's for your rendition of Happy Birthday.!! A great surprise - by the way, still picking super glue out of my teeth.!!:ROFLMAO: :Eeek:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
That's us home too, a very wet journey with a dry spell around Penrith so stopped for lunch.

A big thanks to Bob and Val and all funsters who made us very welcome, it certainly was an eye opener walking through Whitby on Saturday.

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Whitby Goth

Jeff and June want to say a BIG thank you to everybody at this weekends do - you were all really friendly and made us Goth virgins most welcome.:thanks2:
If we manage to get off the reserve list for October we will both be getting gothed up (and hopefully no crutch).
Plus the bacon (and sausage, and egg and mushroom) butties this morning were a great send off.:thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Val and Bob, and all your special little helpers.
Thank you so much for another fantastic goth weekend. ::bigsmile:
This and the November meet are our favourite meets / weekends away of the whole year.
You two really know how to throw a rally. :thumb:
You get the balance just right , knowing how to make everyone feel so welcome , allowing everyone to do as much , or as little , as they want to over the weekend.

As you know we both like to do as much :ROFLMAO::Blush:

Please keep up the good work, and put us on the list for next year .

Bev n Ralph xxxx
Ps it was nice to meet a lot of new ( to us :winky:) faces too. What a nice bunch of people the funsters are.

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Well we finally got away late afternoon to our next venue (4.75 miles) from Whitby. :Eeek:

Thanks Bob & Val and all helpers for another memorable Goth weekend. :thumb:

We never bumped into Toyah Willcox - itssssss a mysssstery (pronounced with a lissssssppp). Thought she might have been in the chippie :ROFLMAO:

Ken, Lynda & Jess

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
THANK YOU Val and Bob for another fantastic weekend, and to all attendee's for your rendition of Happy Birthday.!! A great surprise - by the way, still picking super glue out of my teeth.!!:ROFLMAO: :Eeek:[/ Belated birthday wishes from me Debbie sorry to have missed it !! Saw it on TV but didn't recognise anyone. Not your party :ROFLMAO:but mabe that could be arranged for next year :winky: :thumb:

truffs

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 24, 2012
Durham (Lanchester)
Funster No
MH
CV20
Exp
since 2006
A little message from the Mother(Lovain) and new to you Father(Bill) they had a great time and wanted me to say a big thank you. I'm awaiting the photos he took to publish for all to see. Now to make sure I am off for the next meet to see you all..................a very big thanks to Val and Bob for making them welcome

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Before I go to bed, can someone post how to get pics from the ipad onto the forum. Ralph has sent lots over to my ipad. I can view them but can't seem to get them to stick on a post. I've tried several times to put some on this thread. Plus have not been able to put any into our own album for over a year too.
Any ideas?
Please explain in easy talk........:ROFLMAO:
Then tomorrow I may be able to put some pictures on for you all to see, of the very weird yet wonderful whitby goth scene . Thanks,.:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Wish I could help Bev but everytime I upload a pic from my Ipad its upside down :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Brill meet, thanks to Val and Bob and everybody else who helped organise it and everybody who turned up and made it so enjoyable.
Mike and Gwen

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Many thanks to Bob and Val for arranging this.

May see you at Halloween

Best wishes, Martin, Suzanne, and Tom.

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi guys,

Once again a great meet, weather behaved itself for the funster parade into the town, managed the steps again this year with a bit of help from Ken so onwards and upwards in Octobers meet.

Thanks again to everyone who came, and specially to Val & Rob and all helpers, lovely to meet new funsters :thumb:

Sheila & Mick xxx

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Bob and Val (et all) for another top weekend at Whitby. :thumb:

Paul and Leanne ::bigsmile:

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
another great weekend to thank Bob and Val for, and the others who pitch in to make it a fabulous few days. And thanks to who ever arranged the storm on Friday night, which cleared the rain away for saturday. You see so much more activity in the town when its fine. We broke down on the moors coming, but it was only a fuel filter needed changing. Maybe the tank wants cleaning out after 24 years on the roads. Outfits all looked great, but we think Miss Havisham's decaying wedding outfit was up for a prize, and also Debbies blood bank nurse's outfit was aswell, even if she did frighten a few children with her fangs superglued in, and her blood bag filled with ribena. It was good to meet new faces besides the regulars, and new dogs aswell. Looking forward now to the November one, many thanks again, Steve and Ann.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks to Bob & Val for an excellent weekend and everyone else for their company.

Here are two files, the first one contains photos of Funsters and the second one photos of the public.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
A big thank you to Bob and Val (and all the helpers)for another great Whitby weekend.Keep up the good work. Shirley and Andy.:Smile:

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
A very. Big thank you to bob and val for a very good weekend as per usual:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back