Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
Hi
We're heading down to Whistable this weekend for the oyster festival and looking for somewhere to park up overnight on Saturday & Sunday within reasonable walking distance of the town.
Can anyone give us some suggestions?
Thanks
Andy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It may be worth contacting the parking office (details ). I know that Colin Perris, the Parking Manager, was looking at extending the scheme at Canterbury P&R to places in Whitstable and Herne Bay as well, but it depended on building work which affected some car parks so I don't know how far he has been able to get.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We stayed over night in this carpark by the harbour.
You can but 12 or 24 hour ticket ( I cant remember!)

upload_2016-7-18_12-33-49.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 15, 2013
Rochester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5years Motorhome. 25yr tugger
If you want a site you could try Seaview at Swalecliffe. Next to the water and about 2 mile walk along the sea wall to Whitstable.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Well, just incase you're tempted, there is a pub restaurant just on the outskirts of Whitstable, I think it's on Thanet Way, it's called the Oyster Bar. The whole place is festooned with pictures of the old time cottages that the Oystermen used to live in, lots of pictures of Oyster boats and fishermen, but believe it or not . Yep you've probably guessed it. . . . . .they don't serve Oysters

Nov 15, 2013
Rochester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5years Motorhome. 25yr tugger
I don't think the harbour car park will be an option. That's where most of the action is for the oyster festival. There is a beer festival on this weekend as well with a large tent erected near the harbour. It will be a very busy area. IF you do get in you won't get much sleep.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
AndyJJDavies
Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
Thanks all for the advice.
With the Oyster Festival on everywhere was packed out and the on-street parking was going to be very hit and miss but we've managed to get a booking into a little camp site nearby in Herne that's got great reviews and at least allows us to do a reccie for when we come back nect time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back