Which would you choose, CC &C or CC and why?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Teasy2007, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

We are going to be spending a lot more time in UK - until December and want to join a camping club rather than going on the big sites, like Haven.

So which one and why?

All advice gratefully received.

Ginny and Mike

2. Goldenoldies

Goldenoldies Funster

We are in both, use them to get deals when on offer i.e. CCC 30% off in Scotland from mid August when kids go back to school.

3. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

As previous post we are members of both c&cc give over 55 discount out of peak season have stayed on really good sites for £15 and both have the small 5 vans sites at about £10 night incl elec

4. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

Cc & ccc

Hi

I have been a CC member and am a member now of the CCC. I fell out with the CC because I had 'phoned to book, said I had a 29 foot motorhome and was told it was fine. I got there - and they had pitches free - but not large enough for the unit! It seems that by being able to choose any pitch you like on arrival, there might not be one large enough for your unit when you get there, as pitch allocation is a free for all.

The CCC however has never cocked this up though, so I am sticking with the CCC

Russell

• Like Like x 1
  5. scran

scran Read Only Funster

camping and caravan

were in camping and caravan club go away every weekend on rallies from 5 pound a nightsome really good places ripon racecourse alnwick corbridge to name a few all these are in walking sistance to pubs shops etc we think its good value

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Snap:thumb:

7. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

C&CC for us too. Apart from one grumpy warden at Glencoe we have always been happy with their sites. Although having said that we are leaning more wnd more towards small CS and independent sites.

• Like Like x 1
  8. keith

keith Funster

And the Midges take over? :Wink:

Midge Forecast

C&CC for us, CC tuggers club

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  9. ehuplad

ehuplad Read Only Funster

c&cc but I am biased :BigGrin::BigGrin:

10. cmcardle75

cmcardle75 Read Only Funster

Prefer C&CC, as the CS sites take tents as well. This gives a much broader cross section of society and, often, much larger fields.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

We are in both but prefer Caravan Club , it has in my opinion a greater choice of sites which are generally of very good quality and not expensive :thumb:

12. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

In both. Also in britstops. With cc & ccc we have found the cc can be a bit more regimented but always a good standard. Ccc has always been ok and seems a bit more relaxed. Just depends what you want. Cheap or guaranteed high standard. Some private sites can be really good as well. Come to Scotland. Loads of good sites.:Smile::Smile::Smile:
    Land of the Wimbledon champion 2013:Smile:

• Like Like x 3
  13. ehuplad

ehuplad Read Only Funster

c&cc also gives a discount if you are over 55, making it cheaper than the cc.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Like others we are in both, but for preference we go with CCC, the fact that you do not need to book for their summer holiday rallies makes a big difference.
    For instance following on from the Fun rally at Malvern., they have a rally running at Gigrin Farm at. Rhayader which is a Red Kite feeding station with up to 100 Kites. Coming in for feeding, also brilliant cycle rides along the dams.

Also a folk group rally at Twyn good location, and the fact that they don't need pre booking means that you can make your mind up at the last minute.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BgClick

BgClick Funster

we are still newbies but so far we like the C&CC
    they dont seem as stuck up as the CC and the pitches seem (in general) more "relaxed"

I have noticed more chippy vans on the CC sites

1 will get my coat

16. Scarrow

Scarrow Read Only Funster

I also had the same problems with CC. Only used them twice and both times had issues with the pitches. They have my MH details the same as CCC. So I do not understand why the CC wardens look in a state on shock when Booking In.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WillH

WillH Funster

Both also. Had a couple of issues but over the last 20 years find them both much the same, gives you a bigger selection of sites, CL's and CS's to choose from.

Rgds
    Bill

18. journeyman

journeyman Read Only Funster

A a newbie we currently have both, but have only used the CC CL's at the moment. We like the CL's, no more than 5 vans, and unlike C+CC no undetermined number of tents, which suits us. So the people numbers on the sites we choose are very small. Next year we will drop the C+CC and maybe try brit stops or similar.

I think it all depends on what you want. Some members have mentioned with C+CC you don't need to book for rallies, which would be of no interest to me, but hugely important to others. CC managed sites also have a bad rep, due to sometimes over officious wardens and to me appear stupidly expensive...again, we don't use them, but useful as a one night admin replen.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  19. keith

keith Funster

One really big difference is the fact that the CC don't ask for a deposit, which at first appears to be better, but this encourages booking just to get a pitch then they don't turn up but go somewhere else.

A CC rally marshal once told me that they wait until the new season starts and then book a pitch for every weekend they want but may not go to them all. :Angry: No shows are a real problem for us all.

Sounds like they are a bit selfish to me,but that's CC tuggers for you.

20. chaser

chaser Funster

Personly , don't think you need either of them, plenty sites about and you can even stop on their sites for a bit extra, mind they are dear enough to start with, plus the £40 up front