which way to face (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Now I may sound really thick here but when parking the motorhome which way is the best way to face the awning/canopy. I usually try to face south but it's not always the best?

gogocrosby

Free Member
Apr 2, 2009
Morpeth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
12 years
If the door and awning are facing south you have the benefit of dodging in and out of the sun (large glowing ball of heat and light found in foreign parts) The awning will also shade the side of the van facing the sun and help the van stay cool .

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Yes thats true,
but we just park which ever way gives us the best view. Haven't used it in the blazing sun yet. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
we usually park so the opposite side of the van is facing the wind so that it does not blow under the awning.
But that said unless we are at a show we never use the awning, not easy when wildparking in a layby, hee hee.

wildbri

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Funster No
I like east, you get the sun in the morning, but west can be a pest, if it has been a hot sunny day the sun drops low onthe horizon and shines right inside the awning causing dazzle and heat on the door side of the van. regards bri :Smile:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Awning

South West is best-personal choice really. Rarely worry about the sun till mid afternoon when all the chores etc are done & dusted Then to sit with a glass of wine watching the sun go down etc. Lovely

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Perm any combination..

Morning sun - evening sun

morning shade - evening shade

cooling breeze through the awning - create a wind shadow

then....... check the view, sit back and watch the tuggers struggling with the awning :ROFLMAO:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
we usually park so the opposite side of the van is facing the wind so that it does not blow under the awning.
But that said unless we are at a show we never use the awning, not easy when wildparking in a layby, hee hee.

I remember our last week away- we always have to go either side of the main season for obvious reason - and that week was sunny, but a little blowy.

We travelled down to weston area and stayed on a cc site - the wind was non existent, so I happily got the awning out, with visions of setting up the table and chairs for dinner, for the first time that week.

Then from nowhere - the darn wind picked up, just as i had got it out and pegged down!:Angry: Talk about murphys' law!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Your day will come ::bigsmile:

Yes thats true,
but we just park which ever way gives us the best view. Haven't used it in the blazing sun yet. ::bigsmile:

Dont know Dale,
we've decided to stick to doing our "abroad" holidays by airplane only, as they are only for 2 weeks at a time .
Got my way eventually :thumb::winky:
So unless we have a mini heat wave in the Isle of White in June :Cool: and all our other weekender's , are cracking the flags , it will be facing best view for us.
Though we do like sun on a morning if poss to cook breakfast and eat outside mmmm
Bev

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
You won't have to decide if you use a CC site .. :winky:

Mr Warden will instruct you how to park .. :thumb:

Nose out, (that's in case of emergencies) , tail center on the peg but don't overhang the grass as that will kill it, and woo betide you if you park tuther way round or worse still, knock the peg over :Eeek: .. and don't forget the fire bucket.. :Cool:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
nevvvvveeeeeeerrrrr :roflmto: ... just personal experience ... :RollEyes:

ohhh , I forgot to mention,.. don't ever ever cut across the pitch corners with your van .. cardinal sin, you will be excommunicated .. and burn in hell !

Just a minor issue then :ROFLMAO: If its really serious they hang draw and quarter you, before cutting off your head and pi%^ing down your neck :ROFLMAO::Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back