Which Van (1 Viewer)

jonrud

Free Member
Oct 1, 2010
Purton Wilts
Funster No
Exp
14 years caravaning
Hello all from a newbie to the forum, at the moment we are what I think you refer to as tuggers (caravaners) over the next few months we will be purchasing our first Motorhome. We have narrowed it down to two models the Bessacarr e560 and the swift Bolero 680FB so I was hoping that you folks can help us make up our minds. The other question I have is,is it worth towing a small car behind that size van? many thanks:thumb:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hello all from a newbie to the forum, at the moment we are what I think you refer to as tuggers (caravaners) over the next few months we will be purchasing our first Motorhome. We have narrowed it down to two models the Bessacarr e560 and the swift Bolero 680FB so I was hoping that you folks can help us make up our minds. The other question I have is,is it worth towing a small car behind that size van? many thanks:thumb:

:welcomefunster::thanks2:
good evening and welcome to the funny mad hoose

its not so much what van your buying but whom you by it from

some dealers make it harder to obtain repairs tha others

if your buying a van with the new shape duccato s/hand
make sure you reverse up a steepish hill
before comming to an agreement

saying that opinions differ as to whether it is a problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi and welcome to Fun, The bessecar and Bolero both come from the same stable.

As to towing, you will need one with a towbar and proper A frame, but why bother, the vans will go most places and a toad can be a pain if you have to park temporarily some where and a pig to reverse the van

Peter

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi and welcome,I think Peter has answerd your questions admirably.
IMO its not worth towing a small car unless you have somthing the size of an RV or at least above 8 metres.
I tow an elderly Panda behind my RV when away for any length of time,as its usefull for shopping etc,the RV is not somthing you would want to go sightseing and shopping in especialy once you are set up on site.
On the other hand I have a 5.5 metre Euro camper that I use for touring and wouldnt dream of ataching the toad to it, I can do my shopping ,sightseeing etc in the camper.
IMO it does not seem sencible to tow an Aframe behind a small camper,but then again...many do.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jonrud

jonrud

Free Member
Oct 1, 2010
Purton Wilts
Funster No
Exp
14 years caravaning
Hi again many thank for the quick replies I did know the E560 & the 680FB were from the same stable does that mean the build quality is the same as the Bessy was tops in the caravan world. The other thing I was looking at was the engine size is it worth the upgrade to a 160 with an auto box?

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb: If memory serves me right the Bessie is the top of the range family from swift - Peter from JCM will know for sure :thumb: They used to do 4 / 5 family models until a couple of years ago the knocked it down to 2 or 3 but basically the same van just different trim and price :ROFLMAO:
terry

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back