Which van? I need help deciding! (1 Viewer)

Els

Free Member
Sep 14, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
don't know yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I am about to join you lot but SO many choices. I am after a 2cd van £15 -20 thou. Can any one guide me to the perfect van? i need something small I can drive easily myself, reverse thru stone gate posts and park in my front garden. I have just seen a Strada Regent S with the perfect dimensions (just over 2m width and 5m long) and lay out....dinette... I like the drop down bed thing - saves a lot of space - but do they have draw backs, too hot up there?? Which other vans have these drop down beds? or small van with beds above I can keep made up. I dont want the seats down both sides.......beds across back perhaps.... I need a shower, heater and small kitchen - nothing fancy. Any suggestions for compact vans?? would be really helpful.
Thanks Els

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
a Strada Regent S with the perfect dimensions (just over 2m width and 5m long)
Thanks Els

It might be alright for a day out.

You need space to enjoy motorhoming. You need comfort. You need to feel at home.

You'd feel like you fell into a shoebox in that within 36 hours.

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hi - La Strada Regent

Looks to have a very good layout, clever use of space, doubt that you will get much better - definitely a quart in a pint pot.

Others will tell you that it is rare if you find the right van first time - I did it - is a 7m coachbuilt (4 berth) - just for the two of us, a smaller van will seem even smaller when it's raining !

Welcome and good luck !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have just downsized from a 6m long x 2.30m wide coachbuilt to a 6m long x 2.05m wide van conversion and haven't regretted it, there are 2 of us plus 3 dogs and we all managed to fit in and not kill each other! So I don't see why a 5m x 2.0m van wouldn't do you (Brian just likes things to be BIG!!!!). There is also the Hymer Exsis van conversion with bed above the main seating/kitchen similar to the La Strada you've seen (now often referred to as the Exsis 1 I believe as they did a second version which was a mini a-class).

It really depends on how you intend to use it as to whether it will meet your needs.

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
(Brian just likes things to be BIG!!!!).

Brian has one of the smallest vans on here. 5.6m x 2.2m and it's only just bearable for two of us when the weather tells us to stay indoors.

It's great in town and we'd never have got through some diversions in Switzerland in anything bigger.

Just get the biggest you can drive. £15-20K buys a lot of van.

I guess it also depends on your ambitions. I always think in terms of a month trip even though we do a few meets a week or less. But to really enjoy motorhoming you've got to think Italy, south of France, Spain it's so exciting and not that far, 1000 miles each way buys a whole new outlook.

Just look at my pictures in my signature.

I've just looked again at the one on offer by Becks and if you must go that small it is a very nice layout. But I'd still say go as big as you can.

Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Can any one guide me to the perfect van? Thanks Els

It doesn't exist :ROFLMAO:
We are 5.82m x 2.55m (mirror to mirror) and ,like Brian,we feel that some of the places we've been to in Europe we could not have done in a larger van.But,having said that there were always bigger vans there when we got there ::bigsmile:
We feel that when we are 'touring' our van is fine-but for a long stay (The Marjal Rally brought this home to us) we'd like something around 7mtrs.

Mike.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back