Which type of cable do I need?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by escapecommittee, Sep 5, 2016.

1. escapecommittee

escapecommittee Funster

Recently purchased an Auto-trail Navajo which seems to have two ways of connecting a laptop to enable streaming. First on the DVD/Sat Nav screen is a socket for which I have (apparently) a four pole plug and some rca plugs at the other end. So I have a Mac air with a thunderbolt to HDMI converter. Is there any difficulty getting an HDMI to 4 pole cable that will link the laptop to the DVD/Nav screen?

Secondly there are sockets to the side of the Flip down LCD screen. Can anyone advise what cable I need to connect the laptop to that?

I read on ebay and Amazon that some cable combinations don't work with laptops. I don't know how to distinguish between the ones that will work and those that won't. Can anyone help?

2. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

No idea but replying just to bump it. Best of luck with your search

3. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

Tonka has previously uploaded user manuals for media head units fitted to recent Autotrail motorhomes to the Resources section. May help?

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/13el200-headend-unit-autotrail.108/

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/autotrail-12ele2000-media-system-manual.43/

I've got a user manual (pdf) for a "generic" flip down monitor (which seems to be very similar to that fitted to Autotrails) but can't get it to upload to Resources. It might help?
    Drop me a pm giving me your e-mail address if you want me to send it over to you.

• Thanks Thanks x 1