Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Can anyone recommend a good 8 inch tablet please, with a good internal memory.
I've gone off the idea of a phablet now as I have a 6 inch phone anyway. But I want a larger but not too large a screen and I think an 8inch would be ok after looking at some in some shops yesterday.
There are so many to choose from. Is a minefield! !!
I would use my phone to tether so would only need wi fi enabled.
And I would like HDMI enabled too, to watch films via the tv.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Can anyone recommend a good 8 inch tablet please

Chew all of this tablet, and I can guarantee you will never have problems in a minefield again!! :)(y););)
pill.JPG

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
:clap2::clap2::rofl::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Take care, there is not a huge difference between a 6" and an 8" screen, although it is your choice.

I bought an iPad Air after spending months looking at pads, originally bought iPad mini but gave it to my daughter and bought the air, no comparison in my book.

Very light, very fast, intuitive, auto software updates, loaded with some good software and a pleasure to use, and this from someone who has always disliked apple products, still having pies shoved in my face after capitulating, I am now known in some android circles as "the turncoat". :getmecoat:

As for HDMI, buy a Chromecast, 30 quid, and you can send film, Netflix, prime video etc to your TV and still scan the forum while doing so.

I bought Apple TV for the living room, £80, a few weeks before the Chromecast came out priced at £30, and it does the same job.

You can also take Chromecast with you if you have HDMI and a USB port in your van telly.

Whatever you decide do your research well, saves a blooming fortune in the long run.:doh:

Hymie

Last edited:
OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
My existing phones are Android so I want to be able to transfer things between them.
I don't think Apple and Android are compatible are they?
There seems to me a huge viewing difference in the 7 and 8 inch screen when put side by side as I did in car phone warehouse yesterday.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I have tried all sorts over years for home and work i always end up back to apple
I have a ipad air now and would not Change for anything that I have seen yet

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
What's the difference between retina and backlit ipad mini Please?
Which can you see better in sunlight?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
The thing is.. Apple stuff is very slick and works nicely. Its just not as versatile as android..
If youre used to android then the galaxy tab may work for you.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I love my Nexus 7. I got the 32gig version and also bought my manager one. So good we rarely boot up the laptops!!!

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I love my Nexus 7. I got the 32gig version and also bought my manager one. So good we rarely boot up the laptops!!!
So with the 32 instead of the 16gb you can store more films and the like in the onboard storage?

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
can you use chromecast with films you already have on your tablet?
I don't want to have to use wi fi especially abroad.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
can you use chromecast with films you already have on your tablet?
I don't want to have to use wi fi especially abroad.
I don't believe so. I have a Nexus 7 and it doesn't have an HDMI output socket, unlike my wife's Tesco Hudl! The current Nexus 7 has a great screen but trying to get it to connect with a TV is very difficult I understand. You can do a bit of googling and see what problems people have had.

If you want to put films on a TV from the tablet then I think you will need one with an HDMI output.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Oops double post! !!! Its this screen. I can't see what's going on above my virtual keyboard sometimes.
That's why I want a bigger screen.

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 8 inch. Quite a difference between that and it's 7 inch brother. Not the fastest tablet in the world (but fast enough for me) but also not as expensive as an iPad mini. I believe LG also do an 8 inch tablet (LG G pad) which I would have preferred but there were none on the high street when I bought mine just before Christmas. Looking just now they can be got for the same price as the Samsung. Much better reviews too if I remember. Available from Amazon. That's what I would get now.

Nov 21, 2011
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 400
Exp
7 years
Gone right off Apple./Got an ipad then found I can not download apps for the kids because the operating system has downloaded to its max version 5.1.Would have to purchase another ipad, well I didn't, and got a Chrome book and a Hudle. both are great for the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back