Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Hi,

I take delivery of my new motorhome this week::bigsmile:. I am looking to have an auto satellite dish installed on the roof. From reading the manufactures info, all seem very similar.

I am considering the Oyster 85cm dish, as I can get some dicount via this site.

Can I seek fellow funsters views / opinions, both good and bad.

Nigel

PS With the auto find satellites, what happens when a satellite is moved - can they be updated?

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Had the Oyster albeit not the most modern version and now we have the Mobilsat bought off Ebay and fitted myself.

We have come all the way through France and now currently at Zahora and only once failed to get Asta 2 ( due to trees ).

I just cannot fault it but realise when the sats change in the coming months we may all struggle a bit and need a dish too large to sit on top of our vans but for good old Blighty it will be no problem.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Go to Eddie (Vanbitz) and have one fitted there, nice campsite to stay on and excellent advice and you won't get stitched up.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Am told the oyster is a good system but its kinda real expensive... and an outlay that i would not be prepared to make until i was certain it will deliver what i want after the sats move channels.
We use a tripod and dish and a decent sat finder. Never fails, dont have to move the van away from shade to get a signal, takes 10 minutes total to set up and a small fraction of the price. Only downside is if you are on an Aire and cant put out a dish.

Also be aware that in strong winds and heavy weather you may have to retract it, probably the time that tv is most welcome.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back