Which route is best avoiding Tolls : Dunkirk to Spain (1 Viewer)

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Booked my Ferry to Dunkirk as ( I'm still avoiding Calais ) The Plan is a 8 week tour starting Mid January and its not that I don't Trust my Sat Nav but asking MHFunsters who may have a favourite route and prefer to drive through France than take an expensive Ferry to Santander.

Any suggestions kindly welcomed

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think if you do a search there are some old threads with the info you need it could be in resources as well(y)

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Wow Thanks Martin. This will be my biggest Tour todate and only been Motorhoming for two years so still learning.
I will probably be posting on any suggested routes once in Spain where hopefully get abit of Sun and nice scenery .. Thanks again

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Look up Tonka's western route, works for me, but we go from Calais he even gives you aire's(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Thanks Kevan, I guess the Western side is the preffered route to Santander so will check it out.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
"Best" is a subjective opinion. If you have travelled in France then you may have some ideas of your own, if not you are reliant of the views of strangers on a country where you know nothing.

I suggest that you take a look at a real map, spin a coin to decide on west, centre or east, set the sat nav to "peages - non" and go for it. IMHO centre is best but I may be biased.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back