Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Everyone,

When I am at home I know my Sky Dish points to 19.2E Astra. My question is - say I am in Austria, would I still be looking to pick up this Satellite?

I keep seeing 28.2E mentioned - could I use this?

Confused

Rob

Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
Astra 1, at 19.2E carries mainly continental tv, German, French etc. There are a few Sky channels also.
Astra 2 at 28.2E carries the UK tv. Freesat,Sky etc, in the main this is tightly focused on UK and is not receivable far from the Islands. Sky is on the PanEuropean beam and is much more widely receivable.
If you want to see what's where you can go to http://en.kingofsat.net

OP
OP
Rob e Lee

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Astra 1, at 19.2E carries mainly continental tv, German, French etc. There are a few Sky channels also.
Astra 2 at 28.2E carries the UK tv. Freesat,Sky etc, in the main this is tightly focused on UK and is not receivable far from the Islands. Sky is on the PanEuropean beam and is much more widely receivable.
If you want to see what's where you can go to http://en.kingofsat.net

Would you know why my Sky Installed Dish points to 19.2E? It was put up a long time ago mind - I pick up all main Sky Channels and BBC/ITV etc.

Rob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rob e Lee

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I'm confused because plugging a Freesat Reciever into my existing Sky Dish gives me a strong signal on 19.2E but fairly weak on 28.2E. So I have assumed dish is more accurately lined up to 19.2E. Might it be that my Sky Box might not need such a strong signal and is perhaps looking at 28.2E ?

Still confused,

Rob

Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
Sorry Rob, your dish is not pointing to 19.2E if your are receiving those channels as they are not broadcast from there.
It may be that somebody has titled the installation incorrectly. Sky moved to 28.2E back when it first went digital in the 1990s.

OP
OP
Rob e Lee

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Confusion Ended! I found a way of restoring Freesat Reciever to default settings and guess what? It's now immediately found 28.2E as being the strongest signal.

I think my son was playing around with settings whilst in France and trying to watch the World Cup. We usually let him and his partner borrow our Motorhome but this was the first time he bothered to play around with our Sat/TV system.

Many thanks 'Oldfozzie' for your replies.

Rob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back