Which One? (1 Viewer)

May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
if you were going to have an automatic satellite dish fitted which one would you go for and why ? I will mainly be in the UK and now and agIn over in France.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Ask again next week as we have only recently put a Snipe on our van which has worked well in England, next week we are off to our new home in the Limousin so we will see how it performs there. I put this on because it was one of the cheaper ones on offer at the time. Our previous van had a Mobilsat on and we had no complaints with that and we could get BBC etc. all the way down France as far as Biarritz, It never failed to lock on to Astra 2 all the way down to the Algarve but of course did not receive any BBC or ITV channels down there. As an aside I am suited with how the Snipe has been this last week or so with the strong windy gusts that we have encountered, it stands up to that far better than our Mobilsat or Oyster ever did

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
There have been a few threads previously about auto satellites and the snipe always had good reviews. We have looked into them and it's on our list to buy. We met a couple recently who have had one for a year or so and sang it's praises and have used in France too as well as all over the UK. They didn't mount there's just used it on the ground which seemed silly to me but they did show it to us working and it locked on the satellite in seconds, very impressive for the price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Since the new satellite's have been put into use. Our 40cm automatic dome will only work in france near the channel for british tv.

Brittany ok, but no longer good for the limousin. :(

So I would suggest something around 85cm might be prudent. (y)

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
We are also in the market for our first SAT' system, initial thought is to go for the dome type; but will research some more before taking the plunge.....

Terry and Jan

Free Member
Feb 25, 2014
Saltash,Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
We have a snipe which we have connected to freesat in the loire valley, at the moment we are in northern spain but have not bothered as have been told will not be able to get freesat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back