Which motorhome show? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Looking forward to visiting motorhome shows this year. Ones with good trade stands as well as good choice of MHs.
Which motorhome show is a good one to go to?
Only been to Malvern in August with you guys last year.

Thanks.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I've been to the NEC twice and loved both visits. It's big and it's busy, but is top of my list for a revisit.
Can't comment on any of the smaller shows as I've never been to any of them.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Not Stratford (for the show itself)!. The rally might be brilliant but the show is woeful. We really like Malvern and the NEC but haven't been to Peterborough yet. The Newbury show was ok last time we went.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Avoid Westpoint, Exeter in Sunny Deb'n............its absolute rubbish

The Tincas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
We like Peterborough but every other year is horrendous weather as it was 2016 so hoping for better this year. Also like Lincoln and Newark. Not been to Manchester as it was dreadful last time I went and Knutsford (northern one), Harrogate etc is at wrong time of year. Usually clashes with hols.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Dusseldorf, great selection of vans in an exhibition centre which never seems crowded.

You can pick up a ticket for a few days, stay in the camperstop that they have for the show. Dusseldorf city centre is easily accessible on the train with lots to see and do.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We like Peterborough but every other year is horrendous weather as it was 2016 so hoping for better this year. Also like Lincoln and Newark. Not been to Manchester as it was dreadful last time I went and Knutsford (northern one), Harrogate etc is at wrong time of year. Usually clashes with hols.

Yep, we get the best shows in the east, they know where the money is. :xlaugh:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
External shows: we used to LOVE Peterborough and went every year for a long time (only missing one due to a holiday) but the last 2 years have been less and less impressed as there aren't the number of traders there as there used to be, which was especially noticeable this year so I doubt we'll do it again. We've been to Malvern and couple of times, including last year and although we enjoyed it, and the show was pretty good, other than a trip to Malvern itself there wasn't a lot to do in the area. Forget Stratford unless you are going purely for a rally/holiday there as to call it a show is certainly a misdescription ... usually 10 mins max is all it takes to go round the few stalls/dealers that turn up! We've also done the Norfolk one and whilst it was okay there aren't a lot of dealers/traders. We've not been to Harrogate yet as you can't stop there, may give it a go for the day and spend a few days in the area if we're not away on holiday. Lincoln is good for a day out (not overly far for us) but wouldn't stay over as not enough to do/see for us. Newark shows (not Warners) aren't bad - the autumn one is better as the weather is usually a lot better, but again just for the day.

Indoor shows: The best by far is the NEC in the Autumn, others are okay but not a patch on this one. The Dusseldorf show is good but not so many accessories etc there and only new motorhomes/campers normally.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Peterborough and Lincoln are ok but not as good as they used to be.We really enjoy the NEC in February and October.
Just our thoughts:xThumb:
Brian & Jo

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We are fairly recent converts to the Warners motorhome shows, starting with the Norfolk show in 2015. We are already booked in to the Peterborough and Newbury shows this year plus we will be going to others no doubt.

We used to think the idea of these shows was to look round motorhomes and buy 'essential' gadgets etc but now we reckon the main object is to enjoy the evening entertainment which we find is great.

We paid ÂŁ55 to attend the Newbury show including the extra for Saturday evening show, fantastic value we reckon.

Paul

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
We went to the Motorhome show at Excel a few years back, and absolutely hated it.
Haven't been to another show since.
I guess some like 'em, and some don't

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I had assumed that the OP was asking about UK shows. The best for me has been Dusseldorf. You will require two or three days to do it justice.

MMLLOYD

Free Member
Mar 31, 2011
scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
PETERBOROUGH & LINCOLN are pretty good although the exhibitors of all types have diminished over the years great for social networking.
Dusseldorf always looks promising but not always that useful if trying to buy a motorhome you'll probably find exactly what you want then find theres no dealers in the UK. we found it more useful add a few extra days to target certain Motorhome dealers on route to Peterborough/Lincoln etc.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Another vote for Caravan Salon at Düsseldorf IMO the only show worth visiting. This year 2 days entry for 2 people was €10 and it includes train, tram & bus transport in the city.

Only been 3 times but each time we have brought a new van, makes it an expensive show.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Another vote for Caravan Salon at Düsseldorf IMO the only show worth visiting. This year 2 days entry for 2 people was €10 and it includes train, tram & bus transport in the city.

Only been 3 times but each time we have brought a new van, makes it an expensive show.
Dusseldorf, great show been twice but managed to keep our hands in ours deep pockets so far.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Peterborough is good if the weather plays ball but if not it can be pretty grim, Malvern is good with the "Wild West " theme and Lincoln is good for end of season deals.

Stratford as a show could be better this year as there are new people running it.

Martin

Last edited:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Peterboro and Malvern . For outside shows. NEC. for indoors. But we want to get to Dusseldorf .

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Peterborough is OK but make sure you bring a tow rope and a dinghy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back