Free Member
Jan 12, 2015
Redruth
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy soon
Exp
Hiya

I am trying to find a MH in the cheap end of the market, I know it will probably be a 1998 to 2002 model based on my budget..

But.. I really want to find ones that have certain criteria...

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide/list/advice on which models from the 00's had any of the following:
  1. Fixed rear bed
  2. Large garage space (presumably under the bed)
  3. Toilet / Shower Rooms - with the shower unit having its own space?
If I can match as many of these it might save me hours of trawling through waiting for pages to load on my 3rd world dial up connection.

Many thanks, T.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Without an idea of budget it is not easy to suggest. One easy filter for your searches however is to exclude British motorhomes as they are highly unlikely to have garages with a bed over (in fact I cannot think of any). For this you need to look at German, French or possibly Italian brands.

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
There is a great variety out there, but budget will be starting point. Better off with an older german van than a newer UK van. There are some purchase sites on Facebook that may help. Good luck :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

RocksAndBikes

Free Member
Jan 12, 2015
Redruth
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy soon
Exp
Thanks, budget will GBP 4,500 (bottom end as I say).. Can you give me a starting point on Facebook purchase sites, are these groups or something else? Thanks.

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Don't do BookFace I'm afraid so know nothing about their purchase sites.
I suspect you will have to go much older than your target age range to get a decent motorhome. e.g. a Hymer of 1998-2002 with the spec you want will be around £20k or more.
Unfortunately, the rear garage design came in during the late 90's I think so your options may be severely restricted. If you can do without this then the choice will be much wider.
The brand Rimor might be worth looking for but again, I think a garage version will cost more than your budget.
This German website is a bit like Autotrader - it will show you many more options than any British motorhome website (and there's an English language option).
Link Removed

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
A good site to visit to gage prices is eBay but you need to be careful of scams, remember if it seems to go to be true, then it is. By the way welcome to FUN the best forum on the net for all you motorhome related queries, questions, problems, life and the universe. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Goronwy

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Varies
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2008
Have you considered a LA Strada Nova L, there is a LA Strada club,might be worth having a look at it on google you may find someone's got an old one to sell. It has fixed bed and garage underneath large enough to get motorbike in.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back