Which is best?!! (1 Viewer)

madmothermeryl

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
Exp
today!
Hello, trying to decide which MH to go for. We've narrowed it down to a 2003 Autotrail Cheyenne 696G or a 2002 Burstner T625 Harmony.
We definitely want a fixed bed and like the garage underneath, please could you give me the input of your experience.
We haven't owned a MH before but have had a static caravan for 20 yrs and have hired MH in Canada.
i'd be grateful for any tips

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
While I do not know the actual vans that you have looked at you have in a way gone for two different types. On the one hand an English made van with probably better seating arrangement and typical oven and perhaps a wall mounted heater which will rattle and also perhaps un-winterised with external tanks. On the other hand a perhaps better made German van which will be winterised but will not be as comfy.

Mike

Upvote 0
OP
OP
madmothermeryl

madmothermeryl

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
Exp
today!
thanks for help

thank you for your help.
Yes we like the Autotrail because of the garage storage - can hide bikes safely and I like a full cooker, the Burstner has just a hob and grill and then seperate microwave.
The Autotrail has a fire and then blown air heating but the Burstner has just blown air - is this better? Do fires always rattle?
I understand about the seating the Burstner has a short settee and a small bench seat in front of the table while the Aototrail has 2 longer settees and free standing table.
You are definitely making me think!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Which is best???

Hi,

What type of touring will you be embarking on?

Long term = a good payload, and I think the 696G will win here.:Smile:

Will you be towing a car, what is the train weight of both?
We looked at a Burstner recently, and found very little train weight, when I discussed this with an agent of Burstner, he told me the Burstner is not recomended for towing, the chassis is not designed for towing.

Just a couple of points for consideration, good luck:thumb:

Nomadic

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back