Which is best?!!

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by madmothermeryl, Jan 17, 2010.

1. madmothermeryl

madmothermeryl Read Only Funster

Hello, trying to decide which MH to go for. We've narrowed it down to a 2003 Autotrail Cheyenne 696G or a 2002 Burstner T625 Harmony.
    We definitely want a fixed bed and like the garage underneath, please could you give me the input of your experience.
    We haven't owned a MH before but have had a static caravan for 20 yrs and have hired MH in Canada.
    i'd be grateful for any tips

2. M&L

M&L Read Only Funster

While I do not know the actual vans that you have looked at you have in a way gone for two different types. On the one hand an English made van with probably better seating arrangement and typical oven and perhaps a wall mounted heater which will rattle and also perhaps un-winterised with external tanks. On the other hand a perhaps better made German van which will be winterised but will not be as comfy.

Mike

3. madmothermeryl

madmothermeryl Read Only Funster

thanks for help

thank you for your help.
    Yes we like the Autotrail because of the garage storage - can hide bikes safely and I like a full cooker, the Burstner has just a hob and grill and then seperate microwave.
    The Autotrail has a fire and then blown air heating but the Burstner has just blown air - is this better? Do fires always rattle?
    I understand about the seating the Burstner has a short settee and a small bench seat in front of the table while the Aototrail has 2 longer settees and free standing table.
    You are definitely making me think!!

4. nomadic

nomadic Funster

Which is best???

Hi,

What type of touring will you be embarking on?

Long term = a good payload, and I think the 696G will win here.:Smile:

Will you be towing a car, what is the train weight of both?
    We looked at a Burstner recently, and found very little train weight, when I discussed this with an agent of Burstner, he told me the Burstner is not recomended for towing, the chassis is not designed for towing.

Just a couple of points for consideration, good luck:thumb:

Nomadic