Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
We have a dyson DC34 handheld, but only get about 6 mins of use before it dies, which is useless when wildcamping. We also have a crappy cheap 12v vac which won't pick anything up and we end up brushing the carpet.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I go to the Pub and its done when I get back:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/GTECH-Cordless-Sweeper-7-2v-NiMH/dp/B001YFSIT0/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1321039948&sr=1-1[/ame]

We have one of these, they are great. They hold a good charge too. Its got its special place in the bottom of the motorhome wardrobe.
It gets plenty of use , once a day to get up all the ginger dog hairs and biscuit crumbs :RollEyes:
We bought one for my gran , once her hoover got too much for her too . They are light just like the old fashioned carpet sweepers you used to be able to get , and come with a removable long handle.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I bought swmbo a new vacuum once for xmas ? that did not go down to well:Doh::Eeek:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have one of these [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-Stick-Rechargeable-7-2v-V016/dp/B001ELB5N0"]VAX STICK[/ame] and its the dogs do dahs. We bought it at Peterborough for about £20. We also have a G Tech that is also very good.:ROFLMAO:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I just use one of those rubber long handle brooms n rubber handbrush ...works ok for us.. easy to put away too
(have been looking for a substitute vacuum but nothing yet has beaten me broom )

:winky::winky::winky::winky::winky:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Grannie

Do what your Grannie used to do Take the carpets outside and give them a good bashing. a dustpan & brush does me just fine:Eeek:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Wait till it`s very windy..

Park on a slope with the habitation door sloping down hill and open the drivers & passengers door`s..

Let mother nature do it for you.. :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we have a small 12v cylinder type vacuum, looks like a biscuit barrel, which couldn't suck ash from an ashtray, but it looks like I'm making the effort when I do use it. :winky:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

Oh, dear oh, I am shocked at all the chauvinistic replies on here......you men should be ashamed of yourselves:Sad::Blush:
Think of all the exercise you'd get if you'd only try doing some hoovering, washing up etc................:Blush:
Margaret

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

Think of all the exercise you'd get if you'd only try doing

And that is about the point where you lost me :Tongue1:

I have a 2 foot by 5 foot bit of floor. I can sweep it in oooh all of 10 seconds. :winky:

I have a 12v hoover however to pickup all the breadcrumbs from around the kitchen worksurface and bed covers.:ROFLMAO:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'll go and ask her, hang on a minute she's asleep........................................................... ........................................................................ ...........................................................well, difficult to write one handed with a sore eye as well. Turns out we've got a Bl**dy useless 12volt thingy which wouldn't suck flour of a work surface and a dustpan and brush.

Where do we keep it? hang on I'll go and wake her again.........................................
................................................................I can't play anymore she says I've got to go in............Griff

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

Oh, dear oh, I am shocked at all the chauvinistic replies on here......you men should be ashamed of yourselves:Sad::Blush:
Think of all the exercise you'd get if you'd only try doing some hoovering, washing up etc................:Blush:
Margaret

I'm the permanent sweeper upper in our van...... !

I use a small short handled broom, handle only about 24 inches long, bought in Intermarche in France for €3... Hangs up on a hook in a locker when not in use.

Takes me all of 2, sometimes 3 minutes to sweep the van out.....

It's brill, cheap and lightweight, and does not need any charging, unlike me who has to recharge on either Stella, Becks, or a drop of Red each evening.:RollEyes:

Callum:thumb:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
try one of these excellent little hoover - had one for 2 years
tried all the rest, found this to be best.

http://s7g3.scene7.com/is/image/ae235/29310_P?$p$

Broken Link Removed

hope this helps
steve

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
We have a dyson DC34 handheld, but only get about 6 mins of use before it dies, which is useless when wildcamping. We also have a crappy cheap 12v vac which won't pick anything up and we end up brushing the carpet.

I use the one that is built into the american rv which seems to work fine unless I am running the dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer at the same time as the icemaker in the full size fridge/freezer and microwave whilst watching a dvd and the lad is on his xbox..which of course infuriates me...not the xbox but the lack of power from the onboard genny.....

I love to wildcamp:)

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
when I said I wanted one of these for Xmas I got a slap

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
when I said I wanted one of these for Xmas I got a slap

View attachment 10312

View attachment 10313

ermm Im a big kid at heart...can I av one of deese hop pairs like da one on da picture perrleeasseee....as long as its not a ladyboy

I cant tell these days cos of me failin eyesight..I used to be able to spot a good looking bird at over half a mile in me teen days...no its half a yard...a yard is an old fashioned measurement,
however not too old fashioned as if ya take 1760 of em and attach em end to end ya get 1 mile...which for all you meter measuring people it must be confusin....

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Dyson DC35 all singing all dancing machine. Expensive, but I am not allowed to touch it as I might break it, so well worth the money !:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back