Which Funsters have you met this year for the first time. (1 Viewer)

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
have met so many new (to me people) this year, from those who spoilt me on my birthday at bagwell, and all those at norfolk, retrofestival, and lincoln..
can rarely remember names but faces and smiles are never forgotten, so i shan't name names except one that's very special, and that's my lovely wonderful man @daved2524 who has swept me off my feet..:inlove:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You appear to be pondering to the snobbery of motorhoming JJ. You of all people should know that a posh motorhome doth not reflect on the man.....:whistle:

This post (not the poster of course) displays an amazing degree of misunderstanding and lack of logic.

Anyone who actually knows me (and I would like to emphasise that the poster, Mr Buttons, has never ever met me) knows I only judge people by what is inside their hearts and minds and which football team they support.

The suggestion that I might judge Funsters based on what motorhome they have is a gigantic, twin axled, front wheel driven, pile of rubbish.

Just saying

JJ :cool:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
have met so many new (to me people) this year, from those who spoilt me on my birthday at bagwell, and all those at norfolk, retrofestival, and lincoln..
can rarely remember names but faces and smiles are never forgotten, so i shan't name names except one that's very special, and that's my lovely wonderful man @daved2524 who has swept me off my feet..:inlove:

See @movan. Still plenty time for you to meet someone yet. Maybe @dryad can tell you how it's done. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
See @movan. Still plenty time for you to meet someone yet. Maybe @dryad can tell you how it's done. :)

well, it started with a smile, some cheeky banter and a really shite cup of tea, and a couple of weeks later, with a hand on a knee, a cuddle, but the real magic happened with a kiss, oh my goodness, that was a heck of a kiss that set the heart racing...:h:

tumblr_inline_mwu25tT9B01ssoo9t.gif

and no, that's not us, we're old ''uns , on the outside..:whistle::D

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
I have only been to two rallies and meet lots of lovely Funsters, but apart from the lovely Flora ladies I've meet no other Funsters on my individual trips, where are you all?

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Pete & Elaine, in Briare, a couple of weeks ago ;)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I only in "person" met 1 new funster this year this many thanks to @Anthea M who came to visit me in hospital were I was having treatment from tounge & tonsil cancer, but the the support form many many many funsters on-line and by pm who have also helped me get were I am today is so IMENCE I can't thank them engough.
It would be like an awards speach.....and I would like to thank etc etc etc you know you all are

but next year, now Im no longer working its got to be a funster meet feast for me

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

It was nice seeing you at Norfolk show Toni, and to see you mixing so well, ;) considering I had to drag you out your motorhome at your first funster meet at tattingstone ...........kicking and screaming. :LOL:

(y) Bob and Janie.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Lol Sandra ... loadsa offers sunshine but I'm too set in my ways to take them up .. so I enjoy myself as they drive off into the sunset with others ... and the ones who make offers who DON'T have motorhomes ..well I am sure they could never understand my love for my Burstner... they would be second best. :)

... but so many lovely friends of both sexes ..

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Met LOADS this year! :):):):):)

Strange though, they all seemed to say the same thing..............

"Hi, I'm (whoever), who are you??
"Hi, I'm Tootles.......".(extends hand)
"Oh, your the knob then.........."(withdraws extended hand). :(

Checked my hand each time. It was clean.............:cry:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Tootles springs to mind...

He offered to shake my hand...

But I declined.... :giggler:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Met LOADS this year! :):):):):)

Strange though, they all seemed to say the same thing..............

"Hi, I'm (whoever), who are you??
"Hi, I'm Tootles.......".(extends hand)
"Oh, your the knob then.........."(withdraws extended hand). :(

Checked my hand each time. It was clean.............:cry:

:LOL:That isn't what I was thinking (far, far worse Dave):LOL:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
We have only met a few this year. @Popeye when he came to see me at Ocknell in the Forest and again at Newbury show, @Boycie and @old-mo at Old-mo's CFL and of course who can forget the Bitzmeister and Sons, @eddievanbitz who I have been boring with my sea dits since the Feb NEC. Like many, I've travelled a fair bit this year, but not seen another funster windscreen sticker either.:(

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Yes, thank you for that reminder @Zigisla , not only did I meet him he explained how to pronounce Zig-Isle-ah, I've met @Anthea M , that was a very freindly introduction, @Mickx and @oldflemo , @runrig @shirlandy , @Tom A , @colmorangie , @gloworm , @ShiftZZ , @lorger , @Humsafer , @rosierose , @g8ysn , @manda3000gt , @Ralph-n-Bev , @Terry complete with max, @hoot007 , @Hyacinth 1 , @panda , @Teasy2007 , @Denham , @DavidG58 , @peterc10 , @The Happy Hooker @hoot007 @truffs @Daisie , @Joca , @Jimbohorlicks , @Wardleyweb @johnnyknife @JaG, @kevan accompanied by the lovely Annie Lennox, @Graham and Jane , @burtonbird , @chaser @Offagaingr8

I tell you someone I have met that most of you haven't and that is @Bobby22 .

I've also now met @haganap and @Jimbohorlicks , @Neckender , @REKERLY , @lowgill , @archie2000 , @tonka and yes you're right I must have missed loads, so now I'm in the dog-house.

.........but I will say this, it was fun meeting every one of you......... Griff

Last edited:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
We are not great ones for rallies, (apart from the fact we never know if we will be free far enough in advance:crying:) and rarely see any funster stickers on our travels, but I'm always lurking on the forum, so feel I know a lot of the regulars:drinks:. This year however met @sonny when down at Vanbitz, so obviously met @eddievanbitz and @jamesvanbitz , met another funster earlier in the year down at Porth beach but can't remember there name.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes, thank you for that reminder @Zigisla , not only did I meet him he explained how to pronounce Zig-Isle-ah, I've met @Anthea M , that was a very freindly introduction, @Mickx and @oldflemo , @runrig @shirlandy , @Tom A , @colmorangie , @gloworm , @ShiftZZ , @lorger , @Humsafer , @rosierose , @g8ysn , @manda3000gt , @Ralph-n-Bev , @Terry complete with max, @hoot007 , @Hyacinth 1 , @panda , @Teasy2007 , @Denham , @DavidG58 , @peterc10 , @The Happy Hooker @hoot007 @truffs @Daisie , @Joca , @Jimbohorlicks , @Wardleyweb @johnnyknife @JaG, @kevan accompanied by the lovely Annie Lennox,

I've also now met @haganap and @Jimbohorlicks , @Neckender , @REKERLY , @lowgill , @archie2000 , @tonka and yes you're right I must have missed loads, so now I'm in the dog-house.

.........but I will say this, it was fun meeting every one of you......... Griff
Well I was going to say it was nice meeting you but seeing as you don't give me a mention I'm not going to bother now ;):(

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Y
Yes, thank you for that reminder @Zigisla , not only did I meet him he explained how to pronounce Zig-Isle-ah, I've met @Anthea M , that was a very freindly introduction, @Mickx and @oldflemo , @runrig @shirlandy , @Tom A , @colmorangie , @gloworm , @ShiftZZ , @lorger , @Humsafer , @rosierose , @g8ysn , @manda3000gt , @Ralph-n-Bev , @Terry complete with max, @hoot007 , @Hyacinth 1 , @panda , @Teasy2007 , @Denham , @DavidG58 , @peterc10 , @The Happy Hooker @hoot007 @truffs @Daisie , @Joca , @Jimbohorlicks , @Wardleyweb @johnnyknife @JaG, @kevan accompanied by the lovely Annie Lennox,

You are so right Griff ... you are in the dog house. ;)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have met jonandshell in Les Deux Alpes, Suavecarve at Gravelines and PhilG at Motocross.....albeit as he said with his crash helmet on !!!!!

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well see he has edited us in so I will go back and say what a great time we had in our three days a twin lakes , our first meet where we met, of coarse, @JaG , @sciac2001 , @Popeye , @Khizzie and not forgetting @cliffandger for their fishing and singing entertainment (y):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back