Which fuel booster do you use (1 Viewer)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Following on from the supermarket v forecourt fuel thread which fuel booster do you use, how often do you use it and where do you buy it?.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I use some Redex Stuff, bung a measure in with every fill, got it from Mills Auto.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I have tried BP Ultimate Diesel. Three tankfulls and no improvement to mpg (not that it is promised by BP) so I have reverted to cheapest available and will dose the fuel with an additive in the last tankful before the next MOT.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
None at all.

I fill our year 2000 2.8 JTD based motorhome with the cheapest diesel we can find....usually from big supermarket chain forecourt pumps.

100,000 kms later, it runs absolutely perfectly....as does our diesel car which has had the same cheapest-we-can-find treatment for 7 years now; and as did all our previous motorhomes and cars over the past 20 years.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I use Redex. No idea whether it works or not, I bought at a good price on Ebay, and am faithfully using it till it's gone. It's the sight of - all that belching black smoke when even modern cars accelerate. Just use it to clean the system. I guess it's the vehicles behind that would notice, but they don't hang around to discuss!!!

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
Redex from Tesco a couple of time a year to clean out the jets etc. Now i suppose there will be a debate about whether supermarket Redex is better/worse than garage bought stuff, just because it is half the price!

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Some good replies, with forecourt fuel being up to 30p a litre dearer it makes sense to use additives

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Some good replies, with forecourt fuel being up to 30p a litre dearer it makes sense to use additives

Indeed it does.. Millers diesel Ecomax and Millers petrol Ecomax. Both raise the fuel quality and up the feta cetane level in diesel and the octane level in petrol. Both help keep the engine internals clean and the filters clean as well. I buy in bulk from Opie oils so the cost per tank is minimal.

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Indeed it does.. Millers diesel Ecomax and Millers petrol Ecomax. Both raise the fuel quality and up the feta cetane level in diesel and the octane level in petrol. Both help keep the engine internals clean and the filters clean as well. I buy in bulk from Opie oils so the cost per tank is minimal.[/QUOTE

At just a tad over 12 quid for a ten shot bottle, I think it's worth trying

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I want some biocide to add to a large drum in store for the bad times to stop the scummy growths from forming in it whilst standing.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
A few people had said to put Premium Diesel in occasionally. As I was in Luxembourg, I filled up with the 'good' stiff. Drove round loads and topped up before we left. On checking my mpg, I found that it was substantially worse with Premium Diesel than the 'cheap' supermarket fuel. I hope that it's cleaned the inside well because I'm not putting the 'good' stuff in again. Far better mpg from Asda *

* Other supermarkets are available

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I have always used supermarket fuel on all three of our vehicles (Smart, Nissan NV200 and Mercedes based Pilote) usually Tesco as the points are used for crossings. A while back the Mercedes lost a lot of power (not that it's a ball of fire anyway) and after consulting the fun membership decided that it was DPF problems which were soon righted by a run down the M4 for half an hour at over 3000rpm , bunging some Fort DPF cleaner in the tank and a couple of tankful of BPs top diesel. I can't afford to fill with top grade diesel as well as loose my clubcard points so perhaps using additives is the way to go

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back