Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Steve When I used to put up the wind breaks I used a 40 quid set of aldi drill, shitty jig saw and grinder that was left in the van along with a 3/4 inch auger bit and a big rubber mallet -The drill worked fine drilling 14 holes about 8 ins deep simply drilled one hole pushed in a wind break stick/pole moved along to next space drilled another until all where in place then smashed them home with the rubber mallet - Usually completing all 14 while others around me were on there 3rd or 4th pole -I don't expect a lot from a 20/40 quid drill but they are more than good enough for your requirements -Go spend 20 quid on the Aldi one and if it does not do what you want I will give you £20 so you will have lost nothing and you can then spend 150 quid on a professional drill that you probably never use to it's capacity
terry
Cheers Terry (y):)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
One of these is the best battery drill I've ever had (within its power range):

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Don't knock the Lidl drills until you have tried them :)FOR 40 QUID (that's cheaper than any of the quality drills batteries )let alone the drill,charger(1 hr) and battery ---The jig saw is as smooth as silk to use and the circular saw is good for ripping 3/4 ply (20mm)The drill although a bit on the heavy side has done everything I have asked of it and when any run out of power you have 3 batteries to go at -I have stopped grabbing my Bosch jig saw and now grab the Lidl one and when someone wants to borrow anything I throw them the lidl ones not really caring --They all come back asking where I got them from and I have no doubt when on offer again they will go out and buy a set --£120 for all 3 that will do any DIY-ER or close to £200drill/350jigsaw/circular saw400 =£950 ??-I usually kill a Bosch corded jigsaw every yr/18mths (£135)and my Bosch cordless jig saw(£400) now sits in the garage while I am still trying to kill off the lidl one after a very surprising 3 mths all 3 are still working good -When they die I will simply get my money back :D(y)and hope they have been on offer again because I will be one of the first in the que -Gone are the days of buying very expensive battery tools,you simply don't have to now.
OK I concede I will still buy myself a Millwalkee impact drill ;):D
terry
Are the lidl ones that good terry, got De-Walt but could do with another, and if that good worth buying as a spare, do you know what size chuck they have
Wonder who makes them ?
Thks

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Are the lidl ones that good terry, got De-Walt but could do with another, and if that good worth buying as a spare, do you know what size chuck they have
Wonder who makes them ?
Thks
I am impressed -but you need the jig saw (brilliant for 40 quid)if only for a spare battery -You can of course buy 3 or 4 for the price of a Dewalt ;) half inch chuck -they are only 1.5 amp battery so don't last long but seeing as I bought circular saw jig saw and then I went back for a drill after trying my mates out -plenty of torque -I find I can stop the chuck with a lot of cheap drills -this nearly ripped my skin off :)Big down side is after giving them some heavy use I went back to buy 3 more (1 of each)and the inconsiderate buggers had sold out :(:LOL:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I find myself grabbing a bag with all 3 machines in and going out to do small jobs for family with 3 batts and chargers they do the job perfectly adequate-While it is not in the same league as my Millwakee for comfort/balance (about the same as Dewalt drills;):whistle:)it is also not in any where near the price range -very good value for money in fact better than some 100 quid drills I have bought tried found no good and given away:LOL:
About 10 yrs ago I was offered a shed load of Dewalt gear for half price and I refused (because to me they were crap)I was on Panasonic 15.6 v and a 14.4 v Bosch along with a 6 yr old Metabo 18v that eventually I lent out and it got knicked -My mate bought 4 of the Dewalt and after 8 mths only 1 remained working :(Not knowing where they came from he could not take them back for repair :LOL:just bit the bullet and agreed with me that they are expensive crap, that I used to kill after about 6 mths send for repair and 7 mths after throw them away.Cost more to repair than buy a new one:)
I have mates who love them but they do not/did not give them half the work I did ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back