Which Club? (1 Viewer)

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
As a Caravan Club Member for nearly 30 years I have been prompted to consider my renewal this year.

When I asked for help or suggestions regarding a fridge malfunction in Portugal this year by logging into the CC website I was amazed to get the reply 2 days later saying "they are notoriously hard to repair in Portugal...and can you let us have your membership number before we proceed" !!!
I had asked for details of engineers in the Algarve... I despaired and on return I wrote to suggest more help could have been forthcoming, a letter utterly ignored....

So I wondered what I had been getting for my money! What do others feel about their organisations - are they more motorhome user/member friendly?

Any suggestions

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
The 'friendly' club.

We used to members of the Caravan Club - once, a long time ago. That was until we got fed up with being 'rated' as soon as we arrived on site, many whiners about our children and some who thought they were something else. So we left - and joined the Camping & Caravan Club. A different breed altogether. Always friendly, Site Managers make you really welcome and not 'You will move 3 inches back'. There is no class distinction with them at all. Have a problem? They would have answered you in hours, even without your membership number. So, what can I say really, just our opinion of what we consider best.
Graham & Jean

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I cannot say I had a single good experience being a member of the C C.
C and C C is far better

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
we left several years ago - fed up with their negative non-supportive attitude towards Motorhomes,
haven't missed it, but then we rarely camp in the UK anymore - changing circumstances and all that

still in C&CC - but only just :RollEyes: probably about to leave them as well

don't think either of them have priorities that suit my life style - seem more interested in running as a business rather than a club - if I was a shareholder I might approve - but I'm not

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Why be in a club anyway, there is nothing a club can do that you cant do your self and cheaper! I tour all over the continent wildcamping and never a club in sight. YOU DON'T NEED THEM.

Clubs are there to make profits not to hold your hand.

Doug...

Rawhide

Free Member
Dec 8, 2009
Whitstable
Funster No
MH
Autitrail
Exp
I have just cancelled the CC as the C&CC is far superior.
The wardens are so helpfull and make our stay pleasent.:winky:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Cheers all,:thumb:

I was considering renewing but after all these comments I don't think I'll bother.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Been on a few C.C. club sites as a highly paying guest,, with various rigs and allways felt like a second rate citizen and if I had stumbled on an army camp. would never join..

Been a member of C & C.C.G.B. for 40 odd years on and of,, wardens polite,, members helpfull,, sites not so regimental,, not been for years but the National Feast of the Lanterns,, and the Nottingham Goose fair and other national rally`s are well worth going to if only once..

The main reason I will stay a member is the RAC Arrivals breakdown scheme,, any size rig,, 5th Wheel,, American RV`s,, European M/H`s and from most if not all european country`s..

I have seen for the first time a very large American rig on the back of a very low bodied fix bed truck with a small trailer being towed,, I think according to the writing on the cab door the truck was from Germany,,

That is the reason I will stay with the club while I have a large`ish rig, If not for that I would not bother.. :thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We are members of both CC & C&CC - just - the only benefit for us is the site books of Cl and CS sites - we are also with the C&CC recover scheme with RAC - the one thing we have found and keeps us with the CC is that you seldom find CL & CS from both clubs in an area so to get good coverage you need both - not really viable to wild camp with a 5'er . If I had to pick one over the other I would select C&CC for their more relaxed and friendly attitude.:thumb:

OP
OP
M

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
Thanks all - there are some really helpful comments here. I think access to CC CLs is the one really positive feature of staying with them, but comments about a different attitude tin the C&CC are really interesting.
I hope complacent CC note comments here.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
We are members of the C C, only because when we first started out we wanted sites local to try. Last weekend we went to the C & CC site at Chertsey and Graham and I both commented on how more welcoming the site looked from the C C sites we have stayed on. Cant really comment on the staff because, my mistake, when I booked the site I was asked the size of MH,as they had a MH rally on that weekend with the Swift owners club so pitch sizes were limited, so when we turned up in the pouring rain with a MH bigger than what I said they were not happy. There was plenty of room the problem was the narrow road on which we had to drive down, nothing more and we will definately return soon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back