LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Can we use aldi caravan cleaner on an silver Hymer? I think it's aluminum not Grp or plastic like the last van.

What should we wash and polish it with?

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Mousy, I've used it on mine (yes it is fibreglass) but the hab door and all lockers are aluminium with no ill effect. Just try a small amount in an inconspicuous area first.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just where do these bloody grey steaks come from and what are they. Spent a whole day last week cleaning the motorhome and polishing in preparation for going off tomorrow. The first rain I have got streaks all over it again. Tried a quick wash with a brush, but not shifting them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Still beats me why people buy cleaning products with "motorhome" or "caravan" in the title. Not any better than other non motorhome cleaners, you are paying for the marketing. I use turtle wax/wash and a trade only aquawax (thats what bobby dazzler is) but if I didn't use that I would use Demonshine as its a lot cheaper and the results are far better. Black streaks, Ive said it before and so will repeat it here - don't use black streak remover on your motorhome, it removes the streaks AND any protection that is on your van. Just make sure the van is clean then remove the black streaks with any automotive liquid wax, this will remove the streak, add to the protection and help eliminate the streaks by having asuper slippery surface where the streaks occur.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Run up to Aldi and get some caravan cleaner and a spray can of black streak remover, specials this week and quite good stuff, I have stocked up whilst I could.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back