Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
can any one tell me what would be the direct led replacements for my vans 4 washroom bulbs they are 12 v 10w single contact bayonet fitting [ba 15s]. i am happy with the brightness i get but i need to save on the 40w drain on my leisure battery . cheers garry

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i agree totally brian but my other half keeps forgetting to switch the sodding things off, so a straight swap over to something using 1 or 2 w seemed like a easier alternative to wiring in some sort of timer swich !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I've changed all the hab bulbs to LEDs. Soft white in all except kitchen & bathroom where the brighter light is useful. If you are doing it you might as well do them all.

Wyn

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
the rest of the hab lights are 8w florescent tubes so i am happy with them, its just the 40w of washroom lights i am trying to do something about . thanks garry

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
can any one tell me what would be the direct led replacements for my vans 4 washroom bulbs they are 12 v 10w single contact bayonet fitting [ba 15s]. i am happy with the brightness i get but i need to save on the 40w drain on my leisure battery . cheers garry

When looking on those websites for Led units, check the amount of lumens, the brightness measurement. The first lot I got were nothing like bright enough, I forget just what I did end up with as I deleted the relevant emails. Try and find a wattage equivalent chart as the watts for led and halogen don't mean the same brightness. In MY experience.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I've changed all the hab bulbs to LEDs. Soft white in all except kitchen & bathroom where the brighter light is useful. If you are doing it you might as well do them all.

Wyn
Hi can you send me the link where you got your Led bulbs from please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
For what it is worth, these are the only ones I've not bothered changing on the basis they are not on long enough to make a whole lot of difference.

You may be a lot cleaner though.
Or if he doesn't turn the lights on to save the battery think he's cleaner!!!

Doh!!!! Just seen it's another resurrection

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hi can you send me the link where you got your Led bulbs from please?
Hmm...I'd like to but it was a few years ago on our previous van (new van is all LED). I seem to remember that some were easily available at B&Q and the rest were from a stall at a motorhome show.

Wyn

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Thanks all a few months ago a funster sent me pictures of the lounge after he had changed to LED’s. I will know which bulbs I have when the van comes back from the dealership. New cab Battery went flat in 2 weeks so they are try to find what’s draining it. Just got it in to them in time warranty runs out on 17 December. I think they are GU 10 just not sure what watt to get.???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back